UK Love Doll Forums  
Untitled Document

Go Back   UK Love Doll Forums > Dolls in General Forum.

Old 18-02-2022, 11:22 PM
Gold Excellence Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by the living tribunal View Post
Well it took a while but eventually they acquired standing feet by default; presumably Kimberdoll will eventually see the way the wind is blowing and decide articulated hands has become a standard feature for dolls.
I think that would be the right direction...
Old 18-02-2022, 11:52 PM
Super Moderator

Another improvement we'll probably see in time is a hinged neck instead of the gooseneck....errr...neck It is one which I can't see costing much more to do.

For wire fingers I hold the finger with my thumb and finger of both hands at both sides of the joint I am bending so there is less stress anywhere else. Also, when moving her around fold her arms in to her chest to keep her fingers from catching anything, including your arms or body. If you use pop socks or the end of tights to cover her hands it can also be a good idea to put them on when carrying her.
Old 19-02-2022, 12:08 AM
Super Moderator

Getting the thread back on track, those Teddy bear throws at Dunelm look proper soft and cosy, with a recommendation from Gavla I may just get one myself
Old 19-02-2022, 08:15 AM
Gold Excellence Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by revoL annaerB View Post
Another improvement we'll probably see in time is a hinged neck instead of the gooseneck....errr...neck It is one which I can't see costing much more to do.

For wire fingers I hold the finger with my thumb and finger of both hands at both sides of the joint I am bending so there is less stress anywhere else. Also, when moving her around fold her arms in to her chest to keep her fingers from catching anything, including your arms or body. If you use pop socks or the end of tights to cover her hands it can also be a good idea to put them on when carrying her.
From what I have learned, you can do all that to protect the wired fingers and they still break after a while. It might take longer but it'll happen, one by one.
Old 19-02-2022, 08:35 AM
Gold Excellence Member

I seem to remember reading a few posts about people pulling the broken wires out through the poke hole in the end of the fingers and replacing with new wires.

Vampire dolls are OK, But I prefer Buffy the Slayer!!!
You can view her here:
http://www.uklovedollforums.co.uk/fo...mid=643&page=3And here:http://dollforum.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=34&t=40240
Old 19-02-2022, 08:47 AM
Gold Excellence Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe Bin View Post
I seem to remember reading a few posts about people pulling the broken wires out through the poke hole in the end of the fingers and replacing with new wires.
Yes, I heard that too. Those clever people have even replaced the hand plates etc. Then repair the TPE with heat so that there's the tiniest of scars left. I alas could never do that

I'd just rather make sure I get the next doll with articulated fingers that are hopefully less likely to break in normal use. I'll do a thread on things like this later in the year when ready to buy next doll, find out the best things to get and things to avoid if possible...
Old 19-02-2022, 11:57 AM
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe Bin View Post
Adam did this with Emma then later with Lucy. Hoping soon he can rescue Chloes fingers too.
Old 19-02-2022, 08:51 PM
Gold Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by GazzaGreen View Post
Like when you sweat and stand up and leave an impression on the seat for everyone to see LOL
I find "Tena" to be good for absorbing "sweat". Also helpful when standing in bus-queues.
Old 19-02-2022, 11:04 PM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by GazzaGreen View Post
From what I have learned, you can do all that to protect the wired fingers and they still break after a while. It might take longer but it'll happen, one by one.

Please don't misunderstand me, I am fully aware that joints get loose over time, finger wires either become loose, poke or snap etc but if I can help at least one person minimise the risks then I am happy with that
Old 20-02-2022, 12:02 AM
Gold Excellence Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by revoL annaerB View Post
Getting the thread back on track, those Teddy bear throws at Dunelm look proper soft and cosy, with a recommendation from Gavla I may just get one myself
Almost half the price of the amazon one I was looking at! They report it'll be here before Thursday

Tags
kimber