UK Love Doll Forums  
Untitled Document

Go Back   UK Love Doll Forums > Help forum
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 31-05-2021, 07:23 AM
Gold Member

Well... it's beginning to look like my internet service provider is the culprit, since this is affecting three different browsers the same way, and no one else here at UKLDF is experiencing the same problem.

I wonder how to approach them with this, though.
Old 31-05-2021, 08:47 AM

Quote:
it's beginning to look like my internet service provider is the culprit
It's not impossible but I'd have thought it unlikely. Try going through a vpn (any cheap free one just to test, if you don't have one).

If this solves it, then yes, point the finger at your isp, but I suspect the issue will be the same and absolve the isp

Did something happen to the 'show images' option buried near the bottom of the forum control panel 'edit options'
Old 31-05-2021, 10:13 AM
Banned

Ok, we've been through the basics so up a gear.

Consider what is happening. The images from a single site are not showing on your computer no matter which browser you use. Therefore logically it is either as you say your computer or your ISP that is preventing the images from showing.

I'm assuming here that your anti virus is on your machine rather than existing before your machine with your ISP.

If you have (say) Norton installed then there will be a log of things that it has prevented happening. Such as displaying images from a certain site. If you find that to be the casee then create an exeption instance for IMGbb and then going forwards it will not block IMGbb images.

To do anything like that just Google search based on your anti virus software and it will give you full intructions.

As a matter of interest, do you have an IMGbb account? If you did that in itself could create an exception with your anti virus software.

Its free, easy and very intuitive and it wouldn't even matter if you used it much so long as your machine / anti virus software recognises it as safe.

HTH,

Shamus
Old 31-05-2021, 10:44 AM
Allie's Hubby & Sales Mod

I seem to remember that rebooting the router can sometimes help.

Maybe a similar problem as in this thread: http://www.uklovedollforums.co.uk/fo...ghlight=router

Worth a try...

- - -
Old 01-06-2021, 07:28 PM
Gold Member

Aha -- some progress.

Opera's privacy error page had the term
NET::ERR_CERT_COMMON_NAME_INVALID
displayed (for what it's worth).

Anyway, next I took FreddyBob's advice and tried loading UKLDF thru a VPN.
It's just a bit slower, but that did the trick! I could view all the photos again.

So, I still don't know what the hangup with ibb.co is, but at least there's a workaround.
Old 01-06-2021, 09:49 PM
Silver Member

The Common Names in the certificates for imgbb.com and ibb.co look fine to me. The images are served from a subdomain of ibb.co but the CN for that is included in the Subject Alternate Name field so it should not be an issue.

I wonder if your AV product is decrypting and scanning HTTPS traffic, but isn't handling the SAN certificate properly. These scanning methods effectively "man in the middle" attack the traffic then re-encrypt to send to the browser with a new cert. If the AV only uses the CN in the Subject and doesn't include the SAN field that would explain it.