UK Love Doll Forums  
Untitled Document

Go Back   UK Love Doll Forums > Fashion forum (G)
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-08-2020, 01:20 AM
Silver Member

Default The Reason Clothes Don't Fit with Bra & Clothing Size Charts.

As some of you know I am looking for a new body for Rosina which has resulted in me searching numerous photo galleries of dolls on almost as many web sites. Whilst doing this a thought came to me. It reminded me of the beauty pageants of the 50s/60s/ & 70s. Think Miss World. For quite a while I continued with my search, writing down the stats of all the dolls I found that would be included on my first shopping list before I do the ‘weeding.’ One of last years (2019) casualties of my cull was the WM 153A. This was dropped because I couldn’t find any nude pics of her.
It was whilst I was compiling the list that I noticed something, something rather intriguing with the measurements. To illustrate what I found let me get the measurements of the 153A.

Bust: 78 (31) Waist: 56 (22) Hips: 82 (32)

As I thought about the Miss World competition I remembered the ‘ideal’ female ‘hourglass’ shape, their ‘vital statistics’ as they were called then being 36-24-37. If we add 153mm (6”) to the above figures we get:

Bust: 933mm (37) Waist: 713mm (28) Hips: 973mm (38)

which is not far from the ‘ideal hourglass figure’ of over fifty years ago, except during this time womens sizes have changed dramatically. For example a woman with a bust of 36” now has a waist of 30” and hips of 39.5”according to a well known online store whose sizing charts are below. Incidently these are Womens Fashion Sizes. I have not included (as they weren’t there) size charts for non fashion as most/all of our dolls are “fashionistas.” A 13 year old girl whose height is given as 158cm (66”) has a chest/bust of 85 (33.5”) and a waist of 69 (27.2”).

Trousers/Jeans and Shorts Size charts are also included along with Beachwear and Nightwear. Just to ensure that everything is covered I’ve included a rather accurate, or so its seems, Bra Chart. Measure around the fullest part of the bust, then under the bust (also called Band) keeping the tape level all the way around. Look up the bust size on the left and the under bust along the top, where they intersect is the bra and cup size. Elina tried it out and discovered she is actually an A cup, guess I’ll be going to Primark soon then, if they’re open! Have fun!

Regards S.

Last edited by Esjayell; 08-08-2020 at 01:45 PM.
Old 31-12-2020, 03:17 PM
Silver Member

This is useful stuff. It suggests that Alyssa (WM153) is basically a size 8 with a size 6 waist.

It doesn't help right now as I have admitted defeat on trying to get her into a pair of jean shorts that were just a tad too small for her cuddly arse. It's made for an interesting but unproductive afternoon.

She doesn't like bras and certainly doesn't need them with her perky breasts.

Ogsby
Old 31-12-2020, 03:57 PM
Banned

When manufacturers state cup sizes they lie... Simples.

Just look at a 166C's breast next to a 151C's and straight away you will be shaking your head.

You may find my chart that we used with the Jinsan bodies thread useful

The figures in the chart are not all generally published data but also corrections applied from owners.

The height to weight ratio is my addition. for those wanting taller dolls that don't break your back lifting them thats one of the key measures. General rule there is the lower the ratio the better.

The list hasn't been updated for some time. Nothing under 148 is included and the very newest WM's, YL's and OR's will be missing. I will add those when I get chance.

HTH,

Shamus.
Old 31-12-2020, 04:12 PM
Silver Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by shamus View Post
The list hasn't been updated for some time. Nothing under 148 is included and the very newest WM's, YL's and OR's will be missing. I will add those when I get chance.
The WM 153 you have does not share the same dimensions as Alyssa. It does seem to have come out in different versions? I don't know.

Still, I'll be looking at this as I ponder over Cat's future.
Ogsby
Old 31-12-2020, 04:18 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by oldgreysoulboy View Post
The WM 153 you have does not share the same dimensions as Alyssa. It does seem to have come out in different versions? I don't know.

Still, I'll be looking at this as I ponder over Cat's future.
Ogsby
Hi Ogsby.

Which measurements are different if you don't mind me asking?

I know that she is generally advertised as a B by UK vendors but her actual Jinsan listing has her as an A cup.

All the best,

Shamus.
Old 31-12-2020, 04:30 PM
Silver Member

Quote:
Hi Ogsby.

Tomorrow, I'll measure her again tomorrow using your chart. Tonight we are going to quietly burn the remains of 2020 into a very mixed memory.

Ogsby
Old 03-01-2021, 10:20 AM
Silver Member

Quote:
Hi Ogsby.

I know that she is generally advertised as a B by UK vendors but her actual Jinsan listing has her as an A cup.

All the best,

Shamus.
Hi Shamus
I have finally got my measuring tape out! She has slightly different chest and waist measurements (see the attached picture) to those recorded by Seth, enough I think to make her a B cup!

However she doesn't wear a bra.

Ogsby
Attached Images
File Type: jpg measurements.jpg (17.6 KB, 27 views)