UK Love Doll Forums  
Untitled Document

Go Back   UK Love Doll Forums > Vendors Forum > Lucidtoys (G)
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-10-2023, 05:29 AM

Unhappy My Lucid "Embraceable" experience (bad)

Good morning everyone. Having quietly browsed this excellent forum for many years (and several mislaid usernames), I recently took the plunge and purchased a doll. I settled on a low-weight option, the 150 Silicone Akira from the Lucid 'Embraceable' range (aka Piper Doll). This was sold as a Lucid "imperfect" because, as the sale page stated, "There are scars on the left and right feet and mark above the navel".

I was reluctant to order from Lucid, having noted their oddly worded, entirely 5 star product reviews before, but there are seemingly no alternatives for fast UK delivery, and others on here seem to have had a positive experience. With those positive experiences in mind, I thought I'd cast my doubts aside and give it a try. Perhaps all the five star reviews really were real?

I ordered early on Friday morning, and paid for Saturday delivery, then spent the rest of Friday shopping for clothes. After purchase, a QR code was displayed for me to download the Shopify "Shop" app, where I could track the progress of my order. I did so until it was out for delivery with DPD. The driver arrived at my house after having tried to deliver the doll to the wrong street, and cursing his satellite navigation. I don't fancy my chances of ever seeing the doll or my money again had he not knocked on an honest persons door. Yikes. He was however, helpful, polite and apologetic and this was a DPD problem, not Lucid.

First things first, the box was enormous. I don't know what I'd been expecting, but at 165x40x25 I could easily recycle it as an environmentally friendly coffin for when I pop my clogs. I suppose this is necessary for a doll with a seamless, permanent head. It was also the most cumbersome thing I've ever lugged up the stairs. After reading all the stories of heavyweight dolls on here, I was glad I went for a lighter option, but still surprised at just how heavy a "light" doll is. Turns out I am definitely not as fit as I thought.

Don't worry - I did keep it flat until the doll was out!

Akira was at first appearances packaged well, this transpired to be too well. In addition to the listed and pictured faults on the Lucid sales page, both wrists have warping from just how tightly taped around them the hand protection was. Not a great start - I had hoped that the arms were fine as any potential fault with them was not mentioned at all at the point of purchase. It's difficult to see on camera.

OK, I can live with that as she will likely be wearing clothes and the marks are not particularly visible from a distance. The wig inside the box was short, again not as pictured on the sales page but another thing I can live with. The top of the head had strange small holes in it, something I presumed was normal.

There was also a dent in the forehead.

After reading the instructions, I picked her up carefully, placed her on the bed and practiced moving the skeleton. When I stretched the legs apart to their widest point, the silicone around the rear hole tore. This is something that I've since learned is a problem with Piper soft silicone dolls. The tear seems to have settled at a natural point that it needed to be, and has gotten no worse since. I am not certain as to whether it's better to use Permatex with this or simply paint it pink to match the rest of the area and allow it to form part of the orifice, but that's a problem for another day.

Having frustratingly damaged the doll while simply testing the flexibility, I attempted to stand her up. This became a little trying, and I couldn't understand what I was doing wrong. I watched an instructional video on how to stand your doll, to no avail. I checked the sales page again: Is this the standing option? Yes. Shrugging: Yes.

I felt the feet, to find no bolts and nothing that would make me think this doll capable of standing without leaning against something. I'm not an expert on dolls with this being my first, but having done further research I'm 99% certain that this is not a standing model as advertised and sold by Lucid. I then tried to shrug the shoulders. Not a chance. Everything else moves, the shoulders do not. Not a shrugging model. At this point I was contemplating a return, but as the small print states, no returns if damaged. Very, very annoying.

Let's get the clothes on! Nothing can go wrong here, or can it? As it turns out, the clothes that I had bought in excitement the day prior to the arrival of the doll did not fit, as the listed measurements and sizes on the Lucid sale page (and above) were incorrect. The bust of 72.4cm is actually 79.5cm, the waist of 51.8cm is actually 59cm, the hips of 85.7 are actually 92cm. The feet size of 18.8cm are actually 22.4cm.

While this measurement of 79-59-92 does lend itself to giving her a more realistic, desirable and adult figure (her face also looks more adult in person - a positive), I would like to have actually known this prior to purchase so that I didn't lose £80 on clothes that I can't return having confidently (stupidly) thrown away the labels and receipts. Being a total of around 23cm off the actual stated sizes is a hell of a lot. While trying on the clothes, I found a few more faults, small holes in the silicone around the neck, and what almost looks like a blister on the back. Bizarrely there is no sign of the stated "mark above the navel". Unless the people at Lucid think the navel is part of the spine.

So, all in all my Lucid experience was very poor. The pictures on the page did not reflect the product and as I later discovered in another thread here, are of the "TPE" model. The pictures did not reflect the wig provided. The measurements did not reflect the figure. The weight stated did not reflect the weight. The "standing" doll does not stand. The "shrugging" doll does not shrug. Nothing reflected reality except the Google Drive album photos of the legs. She's still a work of art and very attractive, but I'm now facing a £1400 credit card bill for something that I didn't pay for. That's a lot of money that I did not think would result in a gamble. My review has not been posted on the Lucid store, presumably because it isn't five stars. My email has not received a reply, presumably because they already have the payment.

As first doll experiences go, this one has been somewhat meh, and I believe I'll be putting her up for sale here shortly. She looks the part, is likely fully functional and 97% intact but I can't help feeling conned. I will try another email to Lucid and see what they say, if anything at all. Hope this helps anyone else considering a purchase.
Old 10-10-2023, 06:50 AM
Bronze Member

Sorry to hear the doll was not as described. I've heard alot about piperdolls splitting in the intimate areas. Why I never took the plunge myself. Great doll as a display doll I guess.
Why lucid decided on selling imperfect piperdolls is beyond belief to me. Are they trying to be the tk max of doll vendors.
I'm also loosing patience with lucid regarding replying to my emails. Sent 2 messages regarding buying something and no response. I've spent over 6k with them so you would of thought they would take me seriously.
Still waiting for a doll head stand they said they would send me.
I gave them the benefit of being a new vendor getting set up but it seams its not getting any better.
Hope this improves soon or I'm finding a different supplier.
Old 10-10-2023, 09:54 AM
Active New Member

I have just bought a torso and head from them, off their eBay listings.

They answered a query I had within a day.
After ordering it arrived the next day !

No problems and TWO wigs were included too, which was a pleasant surprise.....their wigs are £25 each on their eBay listings.

So, for what it's worth, in my limited experience with them is positive and I
have no connection with the company at all BTW.
Old 10-10-2023, 10:48 AM
Vendor

Quote:
Originally Posted by donutdonuts View Post
Good morning everyone. Having quietly browsed this excellent forum for many years (and several mislaid usernames), I recently took the plunge and purchased a doll. I settled on a low-weight option, the 150 Silicone Akira from the Lucid 'Embraceable' range (aka Piper Doll). This was sold as a Lucid "imperfect" because, as the sale page stated, "There are scars on the left and right feet and mark above the navel".

Hi,

I apologize for the issues you've encountered with the Akira Silicon Version. I have instructed our staff to look into this matter immediately.

Please note that our terms and conditions are clear: if we make a mistake, we are committed to fixing it. We have a team of approximately 40 people and enjoy a strong relationship with our suppliers.

It would have been wonderful if you could have included photos of the entire doll, so that members of the doll forum could fully appreciate her. We prefer not to involve the forum or its administrators in commercial disputes.

We will message you with our findings soon.

Regards,

Old 10-10-2023, 11:14 AM
Vendor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glorificus View Post
Sorry to hear the doll was not as described. I've heard alot about piperdolls splitting in the intimate areas. Why I never took the plunge myself. Great doll as a display doll I guess.
Why lucid decided on selling imperfect piperdolls is beyond belief to me. Are they trying to be the tk max of doll vendors.
I'm also loosing patience with lucid regarding replying to my emails. Sent 2 messages regarding buying something and no response. I've spent over 6k with them so you would of thought they would take me seriously.
Still waiting for a doll head stand they said they would send me.
I gave them the benefit of being a new vendor getting set up but it seams its not getting any better.
Hope this improves soon or I'm finding a different supplier.
Hi,
We are working to help manufacturers move their Piper doll inventory while also offering clients a good deal. All dolls, whether made of TPE or silicone, have imperfections since they are handcrafted. Upon close inspection of any product, one can find multiple minor flaws. I have attached a photo of the doll for review prior to dispatch.
As for not responding, please PM me the email you sent the request from and I can get that looked into. The stand is a freebie offered after the order is completed. We will be getting them in the next sea consignment which would be around 1st week of December.

Regards
Old 10-10-2023, 12:54 PM
Vendor

I can confirm, we have resolved the matter with the client.

These are internal issues being investigated by two staff.

Regards

Old 10-10-2023, 01:36 PM
Allie's Hubby & Sales Mod

Did the sales patter include a lack of eyebrows?

- - -
Old 10-10-2023, 01:47 PM
Vendor

The matter has been resolved.

Old 10-10-2023, 03:30 PM
Allie's Hubby & Sales Mod

Perhaps you might wish to elucidate to allay any fears potential customers may have moving forward?

- - -
Old 10-10-2023, 04:01 PM
Vendor

Hi, Algaeholics,
Aren't you the one who keeps making random rules and then knocking our posts down?

Choose your position: admin or detective.

Tags
advertising, fake, false, lucid, lucidtoys