UK Love Doll Forums  
Untitled Document

Go Back   UK Love Doll Forums > Vendors Forum > Lucidtoys (G)
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-10-2023, 04:07 PM
Allie's Hubby & Sales Mod

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucidtoys View Post
Hi, Algaeholics,
Aren't you the one who keeps making random rules and then knocking our posts down?

Choose your position: admin or detective.

The position requires both facets.

All site rules have to pass through the whole moderation team before inception.

Again, perhaps you might wish to elucidate to allay any fears potential customers may have moving forward?

- - -
Old 10-10-2023, 06:32 PM

Hello again,

An agreement was reached for a small partial refund after some debate about whether the doll would be returned. I didn't feel that a return would result in a definite full refund as it was insinuated that I would need to clean off every hair and repaint the eyebrows to their pre-sale state to ensure this. If the doll was returned and not deemed fully fit for a refund then I would likely incur further costs by having to have the doll re-delivered.

On the subject of the eyebrows; I did think they were rather light but didn't think twice about it being abnormal as this is my first purchase. I have absolutely no idea how they disappeared other than perhaps by being absorbed by the foam eye protection mask in transit or wiped off when I tested the wig. Surely then, they should have been applied by Piper to be more durable? They are clearly there in the prior to shipping photos that were sent to me by Lucid so I fully understand their stance on me needing to re-apply them, but I am positive that they were gone upon arrival. This is where I regret not filming the opening of the box and I would recommend any future first time buyers do this. I can't say I've touched the face other than to attach the wig.

It was explained to me that this is an Akira with hardened feet and hands and therefore should stand. Still, I can't for the life of me work out how. I presumed that "standing" meant unsupported, but now I'm unsure if I was wrong and standing is merely an indicator of a dolls ability to stay up while supported by a wall or something else. I was informed that the doll is a weight reduced edition with the EVO skeleton, and spent some time trying to make her shrug following this video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zeHwNXUPEmg

I eventually got it, which proves me wrong in my assertion that the doll did not shrug. Sorry. I did have to push a lot harder on both shoulders than the video instructor, and to the point where I was worried about breaking something. That hard shove seemed to loosen it up and now the shrugging mechanism is working.

All in all the call with Lucid was somewhat productive and I was left hopeful that they do intend to improve the accuracy of their measurements, weights and photographs, but the proof of the pudding is in the eating. We shall see.

Old 10-10-2023, 06:49 PM
Silver Member

Hi, sorry to hear you are having a few issues with your first doll purchase but hopefully you can work things out for the best. Certainly if you want any help and tips then you are in the right place. Regarding standing your doll, indeed there are now silicone dolls that have hardened feet that allow them to stand for periods of time although I'm unsure if this is recommended on a permanent basis but others will chime in about that. As for standing unsupported, I'm afraid that no doll is currently designed to do this and if she has standing feet then she will still require support from a wall or piece of furniture. You will see pics of dolls that appear to be freestanding and this is usually achieved by a hidden support or the support has been removed in the edit. Saying that you do find some dolls that are so well balanced that they will try and do this, I've a couple here myself, but a gust of wind will usually see them over so ultimately it's not worth the worry or heartache when your gal gets damaged. Good luck with your new gal and if you have questions just ask away and I'm sure someone will be able to help.
Old 10-10-2023, 06:56 PM
Gold Member

Sam and Psion use a walking stick up the bum and a leg positioned so it doesn't show in the photo.
Old 10-10-2023, 07:01 PM
Bronze Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jock001 View Post
Sam and Psion use a walking stick up the bum and a leg positioned so it doesn't show in the photo.
I take it you're talking about dolls, and not people who do this, lol
Old 10-10-2023, 07:03 PM
Gold Member

Wrong Forum
Old 10-10-2023, 07:44 PM
Vendor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bunnyboybob View Post
I take it you're talking about dolls, and not people who do this, lol

Old 10-10-2023, 07:45 PM
Vendor

Quote:
Originally Posted by donutdonuts View Post
Hello again,

An agreement was reached for a small partial refund after some debate about whether the doll would be returned. I didn't feel that a return would result in a definite full refund as it was insinuated that I would need to clean off every hair and repaint the eyebrows to their pre-sale state to ensure this. If the doll was returned and not deemed fully fit for a refund then I would likely incur further costs by having to have the doll re-delivered.

On the subject of the eyebrows; I did think they were rather light but didn't think twice about it being abnormal as this is my first purchase. I have absolutely no idea how they disappeared other than perhaps by being absorbed by the foam eye protection mask in transit or wiped off when I tested the wig. Surely then, they should have been applied by Piper to be more durable? They are clearly there in the prior to shipping photos that were sent to me by Lucid so I fully understand their stance on me needing to re-apply them, but I am positive that they were gone upon arrival. This is where I regret not filming the opening of the box and I would recommend any future first time buyers do this. I can't say I've touched the face other than to attach the wig.

It was explained to me that this is an Akira with hardened feet and hands and therefore should stand. Still, I can't for the life of me work out how. I presumed that "standing" meant unsupported, but now I'm unsure if I was wrong and standing is merely an indicator of a dolls ability to stay up while supported by a wall or something else. I was informed that the doll is a weight reduced edition with the EVO skeleton, and spent some time trying to make her shrug following this video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zeHwNXUPEmg

I eventually got it, which proves me wrong in my assertion that the doll did not shrug. Sorry. I did have to push a lot harder on both shoulders than the video instructor, and to the point where I was worried about breaking something. That hard shove seemed to loosen it up and now the shrugging mechanism is working.

All in all the call with Lucid was somewhat productive and I was left hopeful that they do intend to improve the accuracy of their measurements, weights and photographs, but the proof of the pudding is in the eating. We shall see.

She's an Angel, Wait do I see the middle Finger out?

Old 11-10-2023, 06:35 AM
Gold Excellence Member

Sorry to read about your issues with your Piper doll. I don't have any experience with silicone but I agree with Arthur 1960 about standing dolls. I have 5 tpe standing dolls but even the ones with excellent balance need support from furniture or a wall to keep them safe.
The eyebrows can easily be fixed with powder makeup, I use a stencil set to get the right shape.
Good luck with your new girl. Has she told you her name yet? I'm looking forward to seeing more photos of her as she settles in with you.

Last edited by Andyman; 11-10-2023 at 07:37 AM. Reason: Spelling

Tags
advertising, fake, false, lucid, lucidtoys