UK Love Doll Forums  
Untitled Document

Go Back   UK Love Doll Forums > Introductions Forum (G)
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 15-11-2022, 07:35 PM
Gold Excellence Member

Hello Macc. I'm sorry for your loss and hope things work out for you.

The important stuff's all been said already, so FWIW I started with a Kimber as had no idea what I was doing; now I also have Caz, a taller and slightly slimmer version of WM 'Jasmine', of which Ashanti is a knock off; but even she is 45kg and it's just as well Kim came first; lifting these girls feels like torture when you first try it

Anyway, welcome in
Old 15-11-2022, 07:42 PM
Silver Member

Macc

I was about six months into retirement when I arranged for Elina to live with me, that was in May 2019. Choosing who to invite I had three requirements, i) a face I would never tire of looking at ii) small breasts and iii) an acceptable weight. I didn't know back then that heads were interchangeable. One site I would recommend to you is The Silver Doll (LINK) This link takes you straight to the galleries, you can search each manufacturer and see the what they produce and get each ones stats. note the ones you like, then find a retailer that either stocks that brand or can get it.

Regarding weight, go to B&Q or Wickes, pick up a bag of either plaster or cement. These are 25kgs the lightest dolls are circa 28kgs. As we get older we loose the strength we once had, especially if we've had an illness. I once imagined needing the manual lifting equipment used for disabled people to get Elina out of bed. Thankfully she's just 28kgs of soft squishy tpe with extremities like a head, arms and legs not to mention feet that rarely do what I want-like not getting in the way of doorways etc. Three years later I am so used to lifting and moving her that I find that easier than picking up a bag of cement, something I did quite often only a few years ago. One final point, the heads weigh about 2-3 kgs you can save a bit by removing the head before lifting and moving.

Good luck with your search and please don't rush into any thing unless you are 100% sure.

Regards

Elina & Esjay
Old 15-11-2022, 09:24 PM

Thanks all, i can carry my own weight 16 stones around 54 kg, even now, not for long but am able to do so and at least two flagstones around 20yds before i need to lower them, if this is of any uses, cheers amtes..........macc
Old 15-11-2022, 09:30 PM
Diamond Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by macc View Post
Thanks all, i can carry my own weight 16 stones around 54 kg, even now, not for long but am able to do so and at least two flagstones around 20yds before i need to lower them, if this is of any uses, cheers amtes..........macc
Famous last words.

Seriously, let us know where you are located and I'm sure someone close would be able to let you see their dolls so you get a real understanding of just how heavy they are.

I'm Glasgow based FWIW.

Psion
Old 15-11-2022, 09:34 PM
Part of the Furniture

Quote:
Originally Posted by macc View Post
16st is 100KG, (I know, I'm 16st)

If you can bear hug 50KG of paving slabs you can bear hug 50KG of Doll, BUT remember she's gonna be 5' something tall, so you gotta lift her clear of the ground like that.

Bridal Carry would mean all the weight in your arms with a head out one side and legs and feet out the other.

In the end its more about technique and getting used to doing it, but being able to handle the raw weight is a critical first step.

K

Click the pics for their threads...
We also Tweet
Old 15-11-2022, 09:48 PM
Gold Excellence Member

2.2 lb per KG. 16 stones 224 lb therefore around 100KG as K says.

And it's not just about that weight, it's about the spread and getting close to it and the baiance.
Old 16-11-2022, 07:47 AM

I am realy blown away with the fantastic help i have been shown, i live in RUGBY which is Warwickshire, and, at the moment am under the hospital so my questions are thus posed so if all goes well, i will have some thing to look forwards to, its the usuall old persons problems lol lol, mens mainly still, that is life, but thats my home town and again, i offer the gratest regards and respect to all my new friends, you are all wonderful!!!!!.

Very best thanks. macc