UK Love Doll Forums  
Untitled Document

Go Back   UK Love Doll Forums > Introductions Forum (G)

Old 16-08-2022, 06:43 PM

Thank you AD
I am not too worried about weight as i am silly amounts of strong and lift and move people all the time but I take on board the advice thank you)
Old 16-08-2022, 06:46 PM
Gold Member

If you go to the Lucid Toys website there’s a button left above the doll photos that says sidebar. There you can isolate the brands but also choose height and weight.

As for weight, they are not as easy as you might think to move around! They don’t help! I still stand with my suggestion! When your core muscles get used to them, yeah, maybe go for a heavier one. I’m an old phart so I know anything heavier than 35kg is a struggle for me to get them up and down stairs and I made a mistake on my Piper Doll! I didn’t look at the weight and just the height at 165cm. She turned out to be over 40kg and nearly killed me carrying her up two flights of stairs!
Old 16-08-2022, 06:47 PM
The Shoe Shrine

Quote:
Originally Posted by Halloweenprops9 View Post
Thank you AD
I am not too worried about weight as i am silly amounts of strong and lift and move people all the time but I take on board the advice thank you)
Something we hear a lot on this forum. You have to remember the girls are "dead weight", so it's like lifting a really heavy box. Another person can distribute their weight, where our girls can't. A lot of fellow members have found out the hard way.

Old 16-08-2022, 06:47 PM
Diamond Member

Welcome to the forum.. First off well done for coming here for advice first. There is a lot to learn believe me..

For starters have a read here if you haven't already..
https://www.uklovedollforums.co.uk/f...ad.php?t=14269

Where abouts in the country are you.. It may be possible for one of us to let you meet a girl, so many people have bought one and decided it wasnt for them due to the weight or they just didnt feel right with the presence of the doll. Its a lot of money to lose.
And finally and most importantly when you find a girl you like then let us know who she is and where she is and someone will advise you (won't you shamus )

Best of luck to ya

Old 16-08-2022, 06:52 PM

https://www.lucidtoys.com/products/n...doll-15_163130

https://www.lucidtoys.com/collection...ll-160c-153768

Two of many that appeal to me
I am not too worried about weight as I am pretty strong and spend a lot of time lifting and moving people around

Any thoughts/advice on those two
Thank you all for the help
Old 16-08-2022, 06:54 PM

Adam and Em I am mostly in Herts and Cambs
Old 16-08-2022, 06:56 PM
The Shoe Shrine

Personally prefer Angelinas face...but that's just me. But you can arrange with them via their chat to go and visit them. I've been down there about 4 times now. They are based near Oxford.
Old 16-08-2022, 07:01 PM

It does inspire confidence that they invite visits as there are no nasty surprises
As I said having never seen one its all unknown to me
Old 16-08-2022, 07:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hollows+fentiman View Post
I agree with the other comments!

One of the problems with mid-price dolls can be the hands and fingers! If you want to do posing photography the cheaper ones don’t often have twistable wrists. The finger wires tend to go more or less straight to the end of the arm joint. My Lucid Toys Firedoll is lovely but now has floppy hands after trying too hard to get them to pose properly!

However, the two 6YE dolls I got from them have great hands which twist at the wrists and firm fingers.

If it’s going to be your first doll though, DON’T get a heavy doll. I’d suggest no heavier than about 33kg to start with and possibly around 30kg maybe until you get used to handling them!

Cheers, Hollows.
With modelling and twisting joints would you oil the skin more around those areas to stop splits forming?
Old 16-08-2022, 07:10 PM
The Shoe Shrine

Quote:
Originally Posted by Halloweenprops9 View Post
As I said having never seen one its all unknown to me
As Adam said, someone who lives close may be willing to show their girls, but bear in mind, we are very attached to our girls, some don't even use them for their primary purpose any more.