UK Love Doll Forums  
Untitled Document

Go Back   UK Love Doll Forums > Vendors Forum > Lucidtoys (G)
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 20-09-2022, 07:11 PM

Default Soulmate Eden, torso, review and experience

Received my "SM Eden" today ordered through lucid

https://www.lucidtoys.com/collection...so-ligh-158236

*note a lot of the following may seem very negative, but none of that is aimed at Lucid directly, my experience with them has been fine (but couple minor constructive feedback points)

Skip bits in red if you don't care about my sob stories

So, I haven't been having much luck with dolls recently and I thought this was going the same way...
Long story short my first return to dolls (pre lockdown) I was sold a quite advanced doll (heating, 158 tall yet manageable weight, voice, gel breasts etc) but it was in far worse condition than stated, including the head connector being completely sheered off and broken. Next doll I got month or so ago 2nd hand originally from Lucid - a Firedoll zora, beautiful doll with great anatomical features, but alas just far too heavy for me. I'd had 2 buyers lined up but they've both gone quite on me.

Next bit is about the delivery
Due to weight, storage space and budget, I decided to go for a torso. I ordered her on Weds, and she showed up on Tuesday. The delivery was terrible!! I received an email on Thurs saying she'd been dispatched, and then later an email from DPD saying would deliver tomorrow (Friday), so made arrangements to be in.

About 5pm on Friday I got a notification on dpd app saying my package was being 'held at the depot' for no reason - Not a great thing to hear when you have anxiety later it said it usually resolves in 24 hrs. Now I had'n't paid for weekend delivery but often where I live they deliver weekends anyway, so cancelled Saturday plans just in case.
Then on Saturday I get an email saying delivery tomorrow, so make sure I'm free, then on Sunday I get an email saying Tuesday. I'd have been fine with the delivery time (bank holiday n all) if I hadn't been told it would be delivered the next day several times and cancelled plans to be in.

Finally delivered today after having to arrange another day at home, box on its end and upside down despite saying "handle with care keep flat". Opened the box and her neck looks crushed! (see pic) I'm not sure with her being a torso if this is normal, whether it can move or DPD have broke her.
Other than that body looks nice soft and petite.
IMG_1175.jpg

Having been through all the above, anxiety and panic set in, "I'm going to have to send her back, but I've opened her, will they accept?" also and here's one of my small minor points for Lucid, when I checked her head, it was a female screw, and so is the neck!
IMG_1176.jpg

After more panic (and no what's included/delivery note etc) I find a threaded bar in one of the accessory bags. attach the head realise the neck does move and its all fine an breath a sigh of relief

Thanks for sticking with me so far, or skipping all that woe is me BS

So on to actual Eden herself...

She's Gorgeous! Petite yet lovely curves, pouty red lips but not in that trout lip filler way. Her head is a bit smaller than regular sized dolls but fitting and well proportioned. There were also 2 unexpected surprises, 1 she has elf ears! thankfully I don't mind this, the other model I considered had elf ears, but was advertised as so, Eden didn't mention and photos didn't show them. And number 2 and extra wig, in bright red
IMG_1186.jpg

I'll take some better pics later in the week to show her off and introduce properly, just wanted to vent/review now.

so overall:
Gorgeous petite elf torso
Decent manageable weight
Easily moveable/storable for those with issues
2 wigs, accessories etc
Decent price
NIGHTMARE delivery

Things to note for Lucid:
Advertise her as an elf - thankfully I'm fine with it but some might not be, show or mention the ears on the listing.
Say the head connector is in the bag, not on the doll/head had me worried and kinda didn't't want to open further incase did need to return.

Again those are minor points and my overall experience with them was really good, and I'd buy from them again.
I'm also very surprised with how shit DPD were, as usually a decent delivery company.

Old 20-09-2022, 11:03 PM
Banned

welcome to the forum Eden... I know, we don't know what he means either. Who could nopt be ok with an Elf??? Every house needs at least one... To keep the door open whils twenty more run through.

nrop. The bent neck is fine. Rather than crushed they actually pack them like that in the factory to prevent impact damage. Full dolls of course are different in that they have much better packaging.

You may find that the torso is very oily for starters. No idea why that is as they make them from the same stuff as the full dolls but the torso's tend to sweat more. Jut use loads of cornflour on it and it will sort out it.

Anyway, back to Eden. Hi again babe. Tulip, Crocus and Daffodil saw your pic and just got veru excited that there's another SM #63 on the site... Thats what you are you know. Lucid don't say but you ask your uncle Shamus and I'll tell you no lies.

Just realised that although all three of my SM #63's have bodies (two on Irontech 150A's and one on a WM 136... There is sod all difference in height!) I don't have a pic of all of them together so your sisters will have to say hi seperately.

Tulip

Crocus

Daffodil

Right, not tell nrop that you'll only behave yourself if he promises to buy you an Irontech 150A for Christmas

Have fun on the site hun. If you need contact details for any of the other Elves here, the Shire home for wayward Elves or the National Elf Service just shout up bab.

Great to have another Elf in the family here.

Talk soon hun,

Uncle Shamus.
Old 21-09-2022, 04:42 AM
Golden Diamond Member

Welcome, Eden. Glad you eventually arrived safely after the nightmare delivery. Hope to see more of you once you've settled in

Old 21-09-2022, 12:26 PM
Vendor

Hi,
Thanks for the purchase.
I can see that DPD didn't deliver the package on Friday. The next working day they had for delivery was Tuesday. The package was delivered on Tuesday.

Do let us know when you order next time so we can add some freebies.

Regards
Old 21-09-2022, 03:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucidtoys View Post
Hi,
Thanks for the purchase.
I can see that DPD didn't deliver the package on Friday. The next working day they had for delivery was Tuesday. The package was delivered on Tuesday.

Do let us know when you order next time so we can add some freebies.

Regards
No worries, not you guys fault, n yeah with bank hol next working day was Tuesday. Wouldn’t have been so annoying if they hadn’t said Friday and then Sunday.

But I’m sure I’ll mention it next time, I’m all down for freebies 😁

Old 21-09-2022, 09:16 PM
Bronze Member

Eden looks super cute! I'm thinking about getting an SM torso from Lucid in the near future, so I'd be very interested in your review and some more pics once the honeymoon period is over

Last edited by ClosetDollFan; 21-09-2022 at 09:29 PM.