UK Love Doll Forums  
Untitled Document

Go Back   UK Love Doll Forums > Introductions Forum (G)
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 17-07-2022, 11:21 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Karrot View Post
Really?

OK so for anything that has to go over the hip/bum I use this method (I dont hand or stand my girls for dressing)
Ok, the caviat on that has to be chest size. The girls here are for the most part A-C cups. and the largest girl is an E so non on them are in Maddie territory.

Maybe an amendment to my advice would be where the chest is smaller than the hips then over the head is easier.

No lifting them on the bed. Just arms straight up into the diving position. skirt over the top and let it drop... Or for stretchy ones pull it down and have a spare skirt ready for when the first one looks good on her as a boob tube.
Old 17-07-2022, 11:45 AM
Silver Member

Flanders to the group and on your first Tpe lady there is a wealth of knowledge and most have already said, if your stuck or don't know always ask someone will know for sure,, I guess I am about 3 months in so newish,, I have 3
Marie, Elsa and Mandy they vary in weight and it does get easier,, I am starting to get into my photography learning the basics and advice on here is awesome as well,
I am sure your gonna be happy with kimbers and a new name for her to follow, sit back settle in and enjoy your time together
Old 17-07-2022, 11:51 AM
Diamond Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by shamus View Post
Ok, the caviat on that has to be chest size. The girls here are for the most part A-C cups. and the largest girl is an E so non on them are in Maddie territory.

Maybe an amendment to my advice would be where the chest is smaller than the hips then over the head is easier.

No lifting them on the bed. Just arms straight up into the diving position. skirt over the top and let it drop... Or for stretchy ones pull it down and have a spare skirt ready for when the first one looks good on her as a boob tube.
on the subject of dressing i have to say ( and im not bragging) my single favourite doll accessory is the stand that I made to hang them from. Dressing up time is so much easier, apart from the time skye and the stand fell on top of me. Oh how we laughed

Old 17-07-2022, 11:58 AM

Default Thanks!

Thanks for the welcome and advice. I had planned to hide her in the attic before i got her in case of sudden unappreciative visitors! That's obviously out of the question now so she stays under the bed wrapped in her blanket when i'm out.

I could certainly do with the 'unofficial' work out moving and posing her so that's a good thing.

I don't have a name in mind yet as i'm still just getting used to her presence
Old 17-07-2022, 12:25 PM
The Shoe Shrine

Welcome Flanders and your soon to be named.

The girls do feel heavy because of the *dead weight*. My two are 29kgs and 34kgs.

I'd like to add to Ich Wills suggestion, before moving her to a sat position, with her legs in the air, you can put tights on her, skirt, shorts, jeans, etc. A lot won't go over the head, as you have to to go over the shoulders and this can turn into a struggle between you and your girl moaning you put the article of clothing the wrong end. Once you have the tights and lower clothing on, you can then shuffle her to the end of the bed, lower her legs down and with her feet positioned facing forward, stand her up. Then you can pull the tights, lower clothing item up.

We hope you find your connection with her and it will get easier in time. There are days I can't move my girls, so I don't. Chloe is evening lazier then me.

With names, I and know a few others have named their girls after women that don't share the same name. But I'm sure she will tell you soon enough.
Old 17-07-2022, 12:47 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gavla82 View Post
A lot won't go over the head, as you have to to go over the shoulders and this can turn into a struggle between you and your girl moaning you put the article of clothing the wrong end.
just to emphasise. when I say over the head the arms go up into the diving position like this:

since shoulders now move its simple (much better than the old T skeletons where you are right you would have had almost a second hip at that point).

Hope that makes my approach clearer.

Shamus
Old 17-07-2022, 12:51 PM
The Shoe Shrine

Ohh, forgive me, not long woke up and was looking at Chloe at the time of writing and was thinking "How on earth does Shamus get the skirt over the shoulders with the arms in their natural down the side position?" Now I understand.

Only thing I get weary about doing that, is the constant moving the arms in that position and getting stretched skin in the arm pits.
Old 17-07-2022, 12:56 PM
Gold Excellence Member

Good point, Julia had an under arm "incident" on both sides doing that. Saved by Sil-Poxy and luckily usually hidden.
That is where a fixed head can be unhelpful.

Goddesses
The Bunny Hutch
Old 17-07-2022, 03:46 PM
Golden Diamond Member

Welcome to the forum and congratulations on your new girl. Looking forward to seeing her when she has settled in.

As many others have said, the weight aspect does get easier as you get used to carrying your girl around and moving her into different positions.

You'll find heaps of useful information hear and any questions, just ask - we've all been there

Old 17-07-2022, 06:19 PM
Bronze Member

Default Kimber doll

Welcome to the new world of dolls. I have 2 Kimbers, 1 very soft tpe and 1 normal, why they are different I don't know. As one of these doll owners who had to take a 50/55 up 2 flights with the courier which was heavy but I also had to take another 50/55 out of box on one floor and had to bear hug up to my floor so I know how heavy some of them are.
Best way to move the girls as you've been told is to move their legs and pick up as a bride. Some of mine I just bear hug as quicker or because I got too many in the way. Keep moving her to learn best way it will get better but don't reach over to pull her over to you as you might pull something else! Good luck and do mind their fingers as I have just repaired 3 hands with 2 more to go, mind her ankles and knees. Socks are very good idea which I myself have used on a few occasions thank goodness.
Andrew.
louiseandhersisters on Twitter and Instagram