UK Love Doll Forums  
Untitled Document

Go Back   UK Love Doll Forums > Fashion forum (G)
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 20-04-2022, 02:44 AM
The Shoe Shrine

Quote:
Originally Posted by Karlos View Post
So basically, turn her into someone else completely then.
My thoughts too Psion doesn't use any faceapp and can still make Kimber look lovely.

You can add your own freckles for example, with eyeshadow and a cocktail stick, as shown in one of Chloes tutorial videos.
Old 20-04-2022, 03:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gavla82 View Post
My thoughts too Psion doesn't use any faceapp and can still make Kimber look lovely.

You can add your own freckles for example, with eyeshadow and a cocktail stick, as shown in one of Chloes tutorial videos.
Well, to be fair to Gazza, FaceApp does have it's uses, as we know.

Having said that, if you find yourself having to mess with things like hair volume, you can take that as a pretty good indicator that perhaps her wig isn't up to snuff.
Old 20-04-2022, 06:11 AM
Gold Excellence Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe Bin View Post
I am far from expert on any thing, but there is one thing that I find can make some faces look a bit more cheerful. If the lipstick coms to a vary fine up-curled point on both sides where the upper and lower lips meet. It takes a steady hand and a fine brush. It should be curled up ever so slightly and not be too thick so as not to make her look clownish at all.
That doesn't work on all faces, but might be worth a try.
Yes that could help, it is a bit of a pity she has he mouth slightly open (probably from continually having to tell me off!).

Once she is eyelashed up again i certainly will try that.

Goddesses
The Bunny Hutch
Old 20-04-2022, 06:21 AM
Gold Excellence Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Karrot View Post
Just be very light with the application of sil-poxy when attaching the eyelash. once its cured the sil-poxy will never come off as its a silicone to silicone bond, but the eyelash could still pull away.

K
Hmmm.. looks like Sil-Poxy might be best as a reserve nuclear option. I will try some more regular silicone adhesive first. Both the clear and black seemed to work (on a piece of plastic - which of course is not silicone) they are still flexible when cured which should help when i am poking her eyes around. The challenge will be a very steady hand and just enough adhesive to to the job and not be visible.

Oh for a UK based hospital for the girls!

Goddesses
The Bunny Hutch
Old 20-04-2022, 06:33 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tex View Post
Hmmm.. looks like Sil-Poxy might be best as a reserve nuclear option. I will try some more regular silicone adhesive first. Both the clear and black seemed to work (on a piece of plastic - which of course is not silicone) they are still flexible when cured which should help when i am poking her eyes around. The challenge will be a very steady hand and just enough adhesive to to the job and not be visible.

Of course you already know this, but make sure you pull the lip of the eyelid back when moving the eye if you can. Not sure if Julia has a hard silicone head or not and if you can still move the eye lids? On Kim you can move the top or bottom lids. Bottom easier for me because she has the closable lids on top!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 20220420_072812_001.jpg (35.9 KB, 5 views)
Old 20-04-2022, 07:01 AM
Part of the Furniture

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tex View Post

Same with any kind of silicone, One you apply it and let it cure its there for good unless you cut it off. My point being, used sparingly if you intend to use silicone for eyelash attachment. I tried it once, Cleaned it all off before it cured, and went back to grumbling about superglue....

K

Click the pics for their threads...
We also Tweet
Old 20-04-2022, 07:11 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Karlos View Post
Well, to be fair to Gazza, FaceApp does have it's uses, as we know.

Having said that, if you find yourself having to mess with things like hair volume, you can take that as a pretty good indicator that perhaps her wig isn't up to snuff.
I hear what your all saying about changing your doll into someone else using FA. When I first started using faceapp I was using every setting available! It was really over the top. But now I've come to understand the program more I have toned it down a lot.

I still like to add the freckles on big closeups because I will definitely screw it up trying to use actual makeup! Freckles means imperfection and Kimberley's face in particular is too smooth and perfect for me. Kimber faces are cute, but let's face is not as realistic as other makes. (See what I did there).

Julia's face on the other-hand doesn't need any enhancement at all. I added some freckles because when the filters were on they hid her original freckles in the effect too much. If i hadn't mentioned it you would never know.

And then either add a smile or not.

I don't general mess with hair too much. Adding volume is just thicker hair if the wig isn't perfect in that shot. Wait until I get a shot of Kimberley where the short hair function works well, she'll look really cute when it works.

To finish off I like to add a filter, lens flare and such like just to enhance the photo. FA is great with this and its far easier than Photoshop. It makes the picture pop more.

I find the major thing that changes dolls into a more human person is the smile feature, but isn't that the reason for using faceapp on dolls? I think it is.

Please note I don't want people to just ignore my pictures because of Faceapp. I still have to work hard setting the shot up, and coming up with ideas. FA is just another tool, like the camera and lights, nothing more. It's magic, but doesn't do the shot for me LOL! When it works well it just makes her seem more human, at least to me. I think Julia looks great with her smile!

You think been a videographer it would be easy to capture photos, but it's a completely different skill set. I'm not as skilled as Psion and Karrot are. I'm trying to learn to be better than I am now, but who knows it may never happen.

Last edited by GazzaGreen; 20-04-2022 at 07:24 AM.
Old 20-04-2022, 07:39 AM
Gold Excellence Member

What a thing to happen to a girl!

After a bit of "reasonably careful" surgery

I managed to get most of the lumpyness where it is hidden by the eyelash its self. Now to resist the temptation to fiddle while it is curing.

I ended up using the black one.

The new eyelash is a slightly different style to her left eye original but i might wait for that to fall off before changing it. I think the original might benefit from a short amount being cut from the ends.

Goddesses
The Bunny Hutch
Old 20-04-2022, 08:00 AM
Banned

Really nice job, you'd never know it happened!
Old 20-04-2022, 08:10 AM
Gold Excellence Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by GazzaGreen View Post
Really nice job, you'd never know it happened!
Ta, I suspect she will never let me forget it!
Perhaps a few Shein orders will help put it to the back of her mind?

Goddesses
The Bunny Hutch