UK Love Doll Forums  
Untitled Document

Go Back   UK Love Doll Forums > Dolls in General Forum.

Old 22-04-2022, 08:47 PM
Bronze Member

Default Dye dilemma.

So I best start with a little background.

I have bought a few items from the forum lately, a very beautiful head from Gavla and an absolutely lovely Irontech from Kdoll. All good so far, right?

So where I'm beginning to struggle is with the heads, I'm not crazy in love with the Irontech head. It's very nice and all but, well, it's just not pushing any buttons and if I'm honest the eye colour freaks me out a little bit.

Now the spare head is right up my street, the problem being is the skintone contrast between the head and body.

So I got thinking a little bit about maybe dying the body darker to suit if possible. The TPE construction seems to absorb colour from what I've read so I was wondering if anyone has tried putting it in a tea solution like me and my mates would do when boiling eggs for Easter before decorating them?

I won't be thinking about putting anything in anything over a room temperature solution before anyone gets worried about that.

So does this sound feasible or am I going completely off the wrong end?

Cheers, looking forward to hearing your thoughts on this.
Old 22-04-2022, 09:00 PM

I'd say you would have a very hard time keeping the staining a uniform shade, and even if you somehow managed it, due to the oil leeching, you couldn't count on it to stay that way.

I wouldn't recommend this course of action, myself.
Old 22-04-2022, 09:13 PM
Banned

Sounds terribly risky in the extreme.
Only solution I can muster is to buy another body and sell this one again?
Old 22-04-2022, 09:35 PM
Gold Excellence Member

It might be easier to dye the head than the body. You could dunk it in a soup pot of solution and it might come out more even being a smaller surface. You would probably have to redo the makeup, but you do have some experience at that now.

I have never tried this myself, but the worst you could do is f$$ck it up and have to try and clean the staining off.

Vampire dolls are OK, But I prefer Buffy the Slayer!!!
You can view her here:
http://www.uklovedollforums.co.uk/fo...mid=643&page=3And here:http://dollforum.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=34&t=40240
Old 22-04-2022, 09:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe Bin View Post
It might be easier to dye the head than the body. You could dunk it in a soup pot of solution and it might come out more even being a smaller surface. You would probably have to redo the makeup, but you do have some experience at that now.

I have never tried this myself, but the worst you could do is f$$ck it up and have to try and clean the staining off.
Trouble with that being that to match the body, the head would need to be lightened, not darkened.
Old 22-04-2022, 09:50 PM
Gold Excellence Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Karlos View Post
Trouble with that being that to match the body, the head would need to be lightened, not darkened.
Ya, I was wondering about that after I posted. Too bad.

Vampire dolls are OK, But I prefer Buffy the Slayer!!!
You can view her here:
http://www.uklovedollforums.co.uk/fo...mid=643&page=3And here:http://dollforum.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=34&t=40240
Old 22-04-2022, 11:59 PM
Bronze Member

I remember seeing Everard (think that was his name, has the tea garden) staining a doll, though she was silicone, with a couple of used tea bags. If I remember correctly it was to give a sun-tanned appearance.

Regards
S
Old 23-04-2022, 12:34 AM
Golden Diamond Member

Don't do it.

The TPE will absorb stain at different levels across the body. It will then deposit said stain like a marker pen that never, ever runs dry.

Over time the colour will also move down the body as it is not fast to the TPE.

Put black choker necklaces on the body which, provided that the face is not a million miles out on the skin tone, will fool the eye and the camera.

I do that myself to mix tan and light tan.

You can also lighten the face with corn flour and blusher. There is an immediate effect with that and also over time cornflour genuinely seems to lighten TPE (or maybe thats just my imagination?).

HTH,

Shamus.
Old 23-04-2022, 12:49 AM
Gold Member

Wot Shamus sed.

Find another head to match the iron tech body colour, find one even more beautiful than the one you are currently wanting to use , then you will have no regrets
Old 23-04-2022, 03:41 AM
Bronze Member

Okay folks, thanks for your feedback. Those thoughts are now gone.

I will put up with it just now and look into a replacement body and/or head in the future. Whilst we're here, how easy is it to replace the eyes? I think if they were changed to another colour I'd find it much easier to get along with.

Thanks again.