UK Love Doll Forums  
Untitled Document

Go Back   UK Love Doll Forums > Introductions Forum (G)
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-11-2020, 10:34 AM
Silver Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Esjayell View Post
Hello Cabbage & Roxy

I’m a bit behind with previous posts, so I may be repeating things that other members have already covered.

Hiding Roxy
You mentioned having a bed frame, is this one of the old ones made of steel with coil springs that supports the mattress, or is it the newer ones with wooden slats that supports the mattress? If it is the former, sorry you’re pretty much stuffed, if it’s the later one, here’s what I would do. Remove the mattress and slats, purchase from a builders merchant a few 38mm x 25mm approx. roofing battens. These are rough sawn timber so will need planing or sanding. Mount these on the top of the side rails, edge on. On these secure a piece or two of 18-20mm chipboard, cover with a layer of foam followed by some material (lining material is cheap, and looks like satin plus it comes in almost a hundred different colours. Replace mattress and make bed. And the most important give Roxy a hug and a few kisses for being so patient! If you measure the depth of her transit box, you’ll know the minimum space you will need to provide.

Clothing
Elina is a Primark XS in womens, Womens size 6 for tops, size 8 for skirts and ages 13-15 in childs. A while ago I conducted a comparison of doll sizes v clothing sizes, I found that all/most dolls are scaled down from the 1950’s preferred womans size of 36 24 36 or 36 24 38. Refer to Miss World. Todays women do not have that size, their waist is somewhat larger 30” being the average (thanks to McDonalds). So completely ignore the waist size, concentrate only on the bust and hips.

A micro skirt for a child/adult will become either a mini, a knee length or midi (that’s mid calf), when put on our girl(s) because their waists are so narrow the waist band will go down to their hips. Another plus for Primark is you can always return it/them, so you can start the process all over again, such fun!

I prefer loose fitting (has ‘fondle room’) front closing, zips or buttons, easy to put on and take off.
Loose fitting items can be tightened around the waist by a belt, or a 1920s style pearl necklace, think they’re about 40” or so, can be purchased from ebay for about £2.00 I believe the company is Bristol Novelty.

Remember anything too big can be taken in, anything too small cannot be made larger as there isn’t enough material. Sewing skills will be the next thing to master!

Does Roxy have wire in her toes? If not, get some elastic tube bandage, put it on the foot a fraction over the big toe nail, then apply the socks or stockings onto the foot. Now pull both the sock and the tube bandage together, once all the toes are in place at the front of the item, pull the bandage up and over the sock to remove. No lost nails or bent toes!

Asking for help in shops
So as a newbie, and we all were one once, you may not have the confidence to ask for help, concerned about what questions you may be asked. Get yourself a small notebook and write in it what you want to get. Lets say its a 28 b cup bra. You would write bust (b) 31” under bust (band) 28”, In the store with your book open at that page look at it and the bras on show. Toggle between the two, then approach someone, “Excuse me, could you help, I’ve been given my instructions but I can’t seem to understand them.” I have used this technique several times not so much with clothes mainly make-up and have received excellent service.

Going back to the storage/hiding issue, remember to take into account her clothes, footwear, make up, jewellery, hair (wigs) with shampoo and conditioner. Plus her care kit, baby oil, baby powder or Talc., Virgin Olive oil, etc., etc., etc..

Finally regarding Roxys origin, all members here care about is that she is loved, cared for and receives presents and plenty of hugs and kisses. Keep her happy and she will reward you in ways you never thought possible! Incidently Elina came to me direct from a factory in China, she was welcomed warmly, is a forum member and regularly posts. I believe you heard from her earlier.

Regards to you both

Esjay & Elina Ell.

I used to work in retail so, i've got plenty of confidence in talking to strangers. What i don't have a lot of confidence is dealing with is 'the looks' i'll likely get from mothers and small groups of teenage girls. But it's cool, i'll get some stuff off the internet and go from there. Draw up some sizes, pick an average and see what i come up with.

With regard to her hiding spot, i've got that sorted for now, but because of her weight i'll be moving onto the secret panel in the wardrobe idea eventually. Shouldn't be too hard, i'm no expert but i'm not too bad with my hands.

Last night Roxy was being a bit tricky in that i couldn't get her into a comfy position to cuddle. But all relationships need work right?

Also, Adam&Emma, i'll send you a PM. Thank you!!!
Old 11-11-2020, 10:57 AM
Part of the Furniture

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cabbage View Post
I used to work in retail so, i've got plenty of confidence in talking to strangers. What i don't have a lot of confidence is dealing with is 'the looks' i'll likely get from mothers and small groups of teenage girls. But it's cool, i'll get some stuff off the internet and go from there. Draw up some sizes, pick an average and see what i come up with.

With regard to her hiding spot, i've got that sorted for now, but because of her weight i'll be moving onto the secret panel in the wardrobe idea eventually. Shouldn't be too hard, i'm no expert but i'm not too bad with my hands.

Last night Roxy was being a bit tricky in that i couldn't get her into a comfy position to cuddle. But all relationships need work right?

Also, Adam&Emma, i'll send you a PM. Thank you!!!
Trust me, no one cares what you do in the shop. You wont get a second glance! I've been a regular in Primark for ages looking though the ladies sections, picking stuff up, looking at it, putting it back etc. If you want a premade excuse, you've been tasked with buying clothes for a photo project at work. end of..

As for comfy there will be one pose that works for you. For me (also a spooner) its to have the girls with legs bent slightly forwards at the hip and back at the knee, with the arm on the bed tucked in to her lap for safety, and her other hand tucked up to her tummy. I also put a slight rotation on her torso away from the bed

Actual photo of me and Xiaoli in bed

K

Click the pics for their threads...
We also Tweet
Old 11-11-2020, 11:25 AM

Now, where have we seen that picture before?
any excuse
Old 11-11-2020, 12:03 PM

late to the party as usual cabbage Roxy you are one sexy lady
Old 11-11-2020, 12:17 PM
Silver Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Karrot View Post
Trust me, no one cares what you do in the shop. You wont get a second glance! I've been a regular in Primark for ages looking though the ladies sections, picking stuff up, looking at it, putting it back etc. If you want a premade excuse, you've been tasked with buying clothes for a photo project at work. end of..

As for comfy there will be one pose that works for you. For me (also a spooner) its to have the girls with legs bent slightly forwards at the hip and back at the knee, with the arm on the bed tucked in to her lap for safety, and her other hand tucked up to her tummy. I also put a slight rotation on her torso away from the bed

Actual photo of me and Xiaoli in bed

K
I don't mean to be THAT guy or anything but... are you sure that's really you?

Damn... if that's your girl... damn... you've got a pretty one. All the dolls i've seen on peoples profiles and stuff are all so yummy and pretty looking!

Also, Roxy and i thank you Phil. I think you even made her blush! She's just been powdered and this morning i brushed her hair... she's currently laying on the bed now just relaxing!
Old 11-11-2020, 12:32 PM
Part of the Furniture

Quote:
I don't mean to be THAT guy or anything but... are you sure that's really you?

Damn... if that's your girl... damn... you've got a pretty one. All the dolls i've seen on peoples profiles and stuff are all so yummy and pretty looking!
Yeah, thats me, though I've toned up a bit since then

Xiaoli thanks you for the complement, she's pretty well known round here (im gonna link it.....) One of her picture threads

K

We also Tweet
Old 11-11-2020, 01:30 PM
Allie's Hubby & Sales Mod

Quote:
I've also noticed, it's VERY easy to loose track of time with her. A quick five minutes can easily turn into half an hour, or a full on nap.
Guilty... Having just decided to crawl out of bed this afternoon at 14:20, the problem I have is that Allie has closing eyes...

16 hours sleep... and I STILL want to get back into bed with her...

- - -
Old 11-11-2020, 02:22 PM
Silver Member

She's stolen my bed, now she's stealing my old tshirts!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_7601.jpg (40.4 KB, 43 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_7602.jpg (41.7 KB, 42 views)
Old 11-11-2020, 02:35 PM
Part of the Furniture

yup, they do that!

Hint, cut the legs off a pair of tights and use those over her hands and up her arms. Keeps the dirt off, protects from the bedsheets (and you) rubbing on her and looks a little less obvious than socks Tights on her legs will so the same for her legs and feet...

K

We also Tweet
Old 11-11-2020, 02:37 PM
Banned

Quote:
She's stolen my bed, now she's stealing my old tshirts!

I suggest that Lovehoney use those pics in their marketing. They would sell soooo many more!

Gorgeous matey

Shamus.