UK Love Doll Forums  
Untitled Document

Go Back   UK Love Doll Forums > Dolls in General Forum.

Old 19-05-2022, 05:01 PM
Bronze Member

Default UPS help/advice

Just when I thought the shipment was eventually going smoothly...

Anyone had one of these emails before from UPS? They've just contacted me. I've also emailed Silicone Lovers for advice. I've got a bad feeling about this...

Dear Sir/Madam,

This e-mail is from UPS Brokerage at East Midlands Airport. We are responsible for completing UK Import Customs formalities on your behalf for UPS shipments. We are contacting you because we need more information from you in order to complete Import Customs formalities on a current shipment.

Please provide Import Customs clearance instructions for the shipment referred to in the subject line of this e-mail. A copy of the documents we hold relating to this shipment is attached to this e-mail for your reference.

As a matter of urgency, please provide us with your clearance instructions; including

- Customs procedure/Reason for Import

- Commodity Code or Plain language goods description

- Your Eori number

- Your UPS Credit account number if you have one

- Approval to use your Deferment Approval Number (DAN), where appropriate

- Any other information we must take into account when completing this Customs declaration on your behalf

With the upcoming changes to HMRC we are asking our customers to help provide us with any additional information to help with this transition to CDS, this is information that we require to make customs entries.

If you have any information for the new system, please send to the email addresses below.

cdsqueeries@ups.com or ukcdsimports@ups.com

By selecting the UPS Free Domicile billing term, the shipper has indicated they wish to pay for Customs and disbursement charges on this shipment, however we note that you hold your own Customs deferment approval number (DAN) and you may choose to pay any charges yourselves.

Please advise if you would like to pay for the customs and disbursement charges?
Old 19-05-2022, 05:15 PM
Gold Member

That definitely looks like something to speak to your vendor about! I would think that they would be arranging/sorting out the import and the additional information UPS have requested is very specific.
Old 19-05-2022, 05:33 PM
Golden Diamond Member

I had the similar with SL when I bought Sandy (WM #414) although in my case she had arrived and then they billed me. This is not unique to SL at the moment.

Basically UPS have you down as the importor.

Contact Louie directly and he will get the documentation sorted / UPS paid any duties that they may have born.

This is nothing to do with you and shoudl be sorted out by Louie.

All the best,

Shamus.
Old 19-05-2022, 05:37 PM
Bronze Member

Good advice shamus.

I jumped on live chat and managed to get to Louie, he asked for the email and then sent me the reply to send to UPS, hopefully that'll do it but I'm confident he'll sort it out if anything else comes up.

This waiting lark is nerve wracking
Old 19-05-2022, 05:44 PM
Golden Diamond Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shizor View Post
Good advice shamus.

I jumped on live chat and managed to get to Louie, he asked for the email and then sent me the reply to send to UPS, hopefully that'll do it but I'm confident he'll sort it out if anything else comes up.

This waiting lark is nerve wracking
When it happened to me he was all over it like a rash. All got sorted very quickly and I heard no more from UPS.

And yep, no matter how many you may have the anticipation of their arrival never changes. I generally find myself in the days before delivery is due rushing around the house making sure that its all neat and tidy as wouldn't want her to get the wrong (or actually right) first impression of me
Old 19-05-2022, 09:49 PM
Gold Excellence Member

I was supposed to get a delivery from UPS today but its now supposed to be tomorrow. Guessing its stuck in customs.

Chitose's goodies are now available in our Etsy Shop
See something you like? Send me a Private Message to get a discount code.
Old 20-05-2022, 11:41 AM
Golden Diamond Member

Oh yes - all fine. They think you're a commercial importer. You simply have to tell them that you're a private purchaser and have no idea of these commercial codes and the like.

Best wishes

Harem

Chlo's book is now available from The Doll House
- - - -
Reviews for:
-DS-OR-JY-SY-Jarliet-Vivid-SM-SE-ZOne-JM-Sino-Sanhui-Pipedream--XY-WM-Elsa Babe-SM Silicone Siliko-XYcolo-Starpery-Elsa Babe-FutureDoll-Zelex-
- - - -
YouTube Doll Review Channel
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCff...iIzCmg/videos/
Old 20-05-2022, 11:45 AM
Platinum Member

I had an issue when I bought from SL too. I had to pay the import tax when she arrived in the UK but in fairness to SL and Louie they then transferred the money into my account the same day.
Old 20-05-2022, 12:09 PM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by After Dark View Post
I had an issue when I bought from SL too. I had to pay the import tax when she arrived in the UK but in fairness to SL and Louie they then transferred the money into my account the same day.
Lucky you, i had the same experience but when i let them know that i got an invoice from UPS with customs charges they ignored or did not get my email to them so i paid it my self and sent them the paid invoice only for that email to go unanswered as well, then there was a third email that went the same way , up untill that point they were great and again up to that point i wound not have hesitated to use them again, but after so call paying them pre customs tax in with the price of the doll and then to pay customs tax again around 125, i decided to score them off my go to vendor list.

Samurai..
Old 20-05-2022, 12:22 PM
Bronze Member

With some more info this is starting to make sense - I did not opt for expedited delivery and so had settled in for a long wait, hence why I was so surprised my girl was due to arrive just 4 days after the export scan. It turns out I was upgraded by mistake, considering the email after I approved the factory pics predicted up to 30 days wait this now makes more sense.

Louie has emailed me to say they will pay the charge as soon as I get the link and forward it so fingers crossed. I may just pay the charge to make sure there're no delays but we'll see what happens.

She's still awaiting clearance at the moment so I shall keep everyone updated...