UK Love Doll Forums  
Untitled Document

Go Back   UK Love Doll Forums > Vendors Forum > Lucidtoys (G)
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-10-2022, 07:33 PM
Bronze Member

Default SoulMate Torso with Lauren Head - Unboxing and review

PART 1

After becoming a full-size doll owner for the first time recently and falling in love with all aspects of the lifestyle, it's been interesting to see how my feelings about Ava (my Kimber Doll) have changed over the short period I've had her. She has become my cherished companion; a TV and movie-watching buddy, sleep partner, and someone I love to talk to, dress and photograph. I seldom have sex with her and haven't done so since I got her 3 weeks ago. I'm also terrified of damaging her and want to make sure she has a nice long life with me.

With this in mind I found myself thinking about getting another TPE doll solely for carnal purposes; a cheaper "pleasure model" who would be easier to clean, lighter to handle, and one that I perhaps wouldn't be so worried about damaging over time. I started to consider a torso doll as she would tick all of these boxes whilst still being attractive. I know that torso dolls aren't everyone's cup of tea, but personally, I'm not bothered by the lack of limbs.

With the idea now firmly lodged in my mind and my trousers, I began to browse the Lucid Toys site for a torso with a head that I liked. Despite reading some iffy things about the company I have also read some good accounts from other customers, so I decided to place my order with them.

Ordering and shipping

My chosen girl was a SoulMate with the Arabella head in Light Tan: https://www.lucidtoys.com/products/s...95143c1b&_ss=r

Ordering was done on a Sunday night with payment through Klarna. The process was quick, smooth and easy. What happened next was a little annoying, but in hindsight having received the doll I can happily let it go.

Basically, the order went through, but 24 hours later I got an email telling me the Arabella head was out of stock. Now, I'm very particular about my dolls' faces, so I was a little miffed that I was allowed to order the Arabella head and torso - and have payment taken - only to be told afterwards that the head was out of stock. Lucid offered me an alternative head of my choosing and I went with the Lauren head, which is a close enough match and very pretty in person: https://www.lucidtoys.com/collection...pen-m16-155374

The only hiccup after that was down to DPD, which I'm sure stands for 'Delivering Parcels Diabolically". My doll was supposed to arrive on the Friday after I ordered her between 2.45pm and 3.45pm, but that afternoon I got a text from DPD saying my driver had been delayed. I heard nothing thereafter until 9pm when I got an email titled "We've missed you. Your driver won't be able to come back today as they cover a wide area on a tight schedule." So, after shouting at the computer I had to reschedule my delivery for the following Tuesday, which made the total delivery time 9 days. Nothing major to complain about, but perhaps vendors out there might want to rethink using DPD in future or at the very least not pay them for next-day delivery services!

Anyway, enough of that bollocks and onto the good stuff! As with my Ava (Kimber Doll) unboxing and review, all photos below were taken with my phone's camera and haven't been retouched apart from the balancing of the light levels on a couple of them. Please also bear in mind that with the exception of the last few pics, Lauren hadn't been washed and was pretty dirty from her journey.

Lauren arrives

The box was very well secured and a damn sight lighter than Ava's delivery coffin. Easy enough to lift as a single person and move upstairs, with no indication of the contents on the outside.

There was some slight damage to the side - and the driver happily appeared on my doorstep with the box standing upside-down on its end - but no damage was sustained to the poor girl rapidly suffocating within.

Opening the box I was greeted with good packaging: air packing bags, polystyrene blocks to protect the neck, a divider between the torso and head, and the obligatory soft blanket that the lovely lady was cocooned inside of.

Accessories removed (head on the left, torso on the right):

Head and torso removed:

Lauren's head was wrapped really well in polythene, and she was sporting some rather fetching foam goggles to protect her lovely lashes and make-up.

The connector on SoulMate heads/torsos is the standard M16, so you can swap out heads easily. However, as this is a torso doll, the overall scale is slightly smaller than a full-sized girl so only SoulMate or other smaller heads will look good.

Despite not receiving the Arabella head I wanted, I think Lauren is actually bloody gorgeous (and much nicer in-person than in the professional pics on the Lucid site).

Her brown eyes are beautiful. I love the long lashes, and I'm pretty surprised how good her make-up looks considering the price of these dolls. She has an oral opening too.

The head connection hole had some excess TPE inside which was easily removed.

Continued in Part 2...
Jess (WM #233 on shared Kimber body)
Kelly (WM#273 on shared Kimber body)
Mila (WM #335 on shared Kimber body)

Last edited by ClosetDollFan; 04-10-2022 at 09:03 PM.
Old 04-10-2022, 08:14 PM
Bronze Member

PART 2

Lauren's accessories are the standard fare, but I was pleased to see that she arrived with two wigs. They're both cheap fancy dress-style ones as always but still better than nothing. Other than that it's business as usual: crap comb, USB heater, flimsy plastic orifice cleaner, tiny handling gloves, cheap lingerie.

I'm very pleased with the torso sculpt. It's well proportioned, has a nice sexy line down the midriff, a cute belly button, some light rib detailing, and the indication of pelvis/hip bones. On the back you can see her nice tight bum. Due to the smaller scale she isn't sporting Lolo Ferrari knockers or a Kardashian badonkadonk, but I'm a fan of small boobs and a butt you can bounce a penny off so these will do me just fine, thank you very much! Incidentally, you can spot some indentations in the TPE in some places on her back but I'm hoping these are just creases from her blanket that will disappear in time.

The "business end", so to speak. The anus isn't detailed in any way but for this price point, I don't expect it. I haven't ventured inside as yet - not even with a finger - because I'm a gentleman and have no call to be divulging such secrets with you reprobates!

Surprisingly there are visible seam lines down both sides, but they don't bother me and I can't begin to pretend that I know the ins and outs of TPE love doll manufacture so would not criticise such a small thing.

For those intrigued about scale, here's Lauren next to Ava. As you can see from this image I'd say Lauren is probably 15-20% smaller in scale. Apologies for not removing Ava's bodysuit; I simply couldn't be bothered (plus she looks cute in it).

Finally, after a ruddy good cleaning and powdering with cornflour (she was absolutely filthy), here's Lauren in all her glory. In the first two pictures are the wigs she came with, in the third she's wearing Ava's wig (sorry darling), and in the fourth she's wearing another wig that usually lives on my Starpery Julie head. She's also wearing the lingerie she arrived with in that last pic.

My conclusions, overall thoughts and other ramblings

Overall I am very satisfied with Lauren, and in fact, she has exceeded my expectations. One thing I like about the Lucid site is that they also post candid warehouse pictures alongside professional ones, and as previously mentioned I think that Lauren looks even better in person than in the professional pics.

As far as TPE smell goes, I haven't noticed any at all. Now whether this is down to me being used to the smell of TPE from Ava or not, I don't know. As for the TPE itself, it feels very similar to Kimber skin with a "blancmange" feel which is very wobbly. Breasts aren't gel and thus I imagine are solid, but they aren't anywhere near as hard as those on a Kimber. Ditto for the butt, which is slightly softer than a Kimber. The nipples and vagina are also coloured out of the box, which is a nice touch.

The biggest thing to get to grips with - no pun intended - is moving her. She is nice and light and a doddle to carry, but with no real skeleton to speak of and the obvious lack of limbs, I'm finding it tricky to figure out how to pick her up and move her. There is a solid 'collarbone' that ends within the arm stumps that I can handle, but anything below that is a no-man's land of wobbly TPE. There is some solidity to the midriff, but without leg bones it's a bit of a faff to find something worth gripping onto below the navel. I'm sure I'll get it eventually, but for now, it's another learning curve for me.

To change wigs I prop her up on a chair as per the photos above, and I will definitely be getting her a better wig soon. I will also get a snap-on M16 connector because I can't abide screwing and unscrewing heads all the time. Obviously with a torso you are limited with clothing options, but I didn't buy her to dress up in anything more than lingerie or a vest/nightie. I imagine I’ll be buying kids clothing for her in general due to her smaller size.

In conclusion, I know its early days but I am more than happy with my purchase and my new girl. I think the quality you get for the price is pretty damn good, and I was so relieved that I liked her face despite it not being my first choice. A couple of hiccups with ordering and delivery but overall I can't complain. I shall report back with any problems that crop up, but for now it's goodnight from me and goodnight from her!

Thanks for reading

Last edited by ClosetDollFan; 04-10-2022 at 10:51 PM.
Old 04-10-2022, 08:36 PM
Allie's Hubby & Sales Mod

Nice one CDF. I do like the SM makeup. I learnt a little tip from owning one in that a little brown makeup around the nose, as shown, really brings out the definition and shape of her hooter which I have replicated on my other girlies.

- - -
Old 04-10-2022, 09:11 PM
Bronze Member

"Hooter", haha! Thanks very much, Algae. I'm a complete novice when it comes to make-up, so I'm glad I've documented Lauren's factory look for the inevitable day that I need to reapply some of my own accord. Hopefully, it'll be more 'subtle sun-kissed Mediterranean beauty' and less 'Pennywise after he's stumbled through every single make-up counter at Boots in the dark'.