UK Love Doll Forums  
Untitled Document

Go Back   UK Love Doll Forums > Vendors Forum > Lucidtoys (G)
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-08-2023, 12:21 PM
Bronze Member

Default SY pre order M6 review ongoing until recieved

This review is on the pre order experience from lucid and SY dolls
To clarify I'm totally happy with the stocked items lucid sells and I have bought.

Wow you know when someone writes the above statement this review is not going to be good.
How right you all are. Over the course of this review I will explain why.
This is how I feel personally and I respect others who disagree. We are all in the doll family and we all expect different things from the service and expectations of our future companions.
I will be posting 2 photos I'm hoping admin could enlarge them as it would help with my issues with this experience. Due to my inexperience with tech forgive me for my grammar.
So with all that said the story begins

Attached Images
File Type: jpg Screenshot_20230806-123013_Gallery.jpg (35.0 KB, 686 views)
File Type: jpg Screenshot_20230806-105323_Chrome.jpg (28.1 KB, 678 views)

Last edited by algaeholics; 06-08-2023 at 12:30 PM. Reason: Bigged up!
Old 06-08-2023, 12:57 PM
Bronze Member

Now the first picture is my dream doll everything about it I like, the natural look. The way the eyes dazzle you she is amazing to me. Notice she has really long hair. This was the picture lucid sent to me on the forum for approval. I was like wow I actually have my dream doll head to be put on my silicone cst body. To sit in a armchair in the living room. To confuse my visitors. Imagine you had the perfect doll head of your dreams. Your overwhelmed with excitement.
Your then told the next stage of the process will begin and every detail will be put in place as of my expectations.Also told it will exceed my expectations.
Wow that's a bold claim. This statement is in the sy head forum. You guessed it my excitement increased further.

Days pass then I get the second picture. Your doll is completed great detail has been put in and will exceed my expectations blah blah.
Well I can confirm they definitely UNexceeded my expectations
Boom all my dreams shattered due to the incompetence of someone who could not even follow the template of the artist on the first picture.
I am now fuming inside you just ruined my dream doll head. Some may think I'm over reacting but when I agree to something I expect it to look like what I asked for . This isn't a stock item this is supposed to be to my specs
My next post will explain why I'm so angry. Just gonna make a cuppa.
Old 06-08-2023, 01:55 PM
Bronze Member

OK I'm back. So in the first picture as I said is my dream doll 5/5 stars. This post will be about the hair.

So the hair... its awful, they made my natural looking hair into or trying to make it into some barbie type unnatural trash. What's with the center partin did you run out of hair.
What part of oh the customer likes the long hair so hey let's cut it off oh and why were at it let us make it look like the grand canyon down the centre. Seriously fuming the incompetence of it.
The problem was worse and I did not even realise it. You see I even screenshot the first picture as a wallpaper. The perfect image was in my mind that I failed to realise the second picture had more problems which was point out by my friends wife who is in the beauty trade.
So hair takes my rating to 4 stars
My next post will be the makeup like I said I didn't realise till she pointed it out after rolling around laughing
Old 06-08-2023, 02:30 PM
Bronze Member

So I asked my friends wife when I visited them about the two different heads in the photos . I explained how I didn't like the hair. This is her thoughts she had some wine so she was pretty brutal her sense of humour.

Well everyone like different looks so each to there own she said. But going on what you like in first picture the hair is terrible I agree but wtf have they done to the eyebrows!!!
(5 minutes later after giggling)
Seriously why why did they make the eyebrows so dark against blonde hair and so bushy. The artists eyebrows are alot lighter it just reminds me of a spitting image puppet lol.
(My thoughts. Wow don't hold back tell me what you really think)
What's with the makeup the eye shadow is to dark totally takes away the eyes .
She then went on in more detail but I kinda just lost interest realising this is why I like dolls so much lol
I was glad of her input ,probably should of asked her before her wine. She really is a cool person jokes aside.
Before I left she said look on the bright side at least you can bring her out for Halloween.
Since then I notice the bad makeup all the time now
So down to 3 stars now.
Old 06-08-2023, 03:25 PM
Bronze Member

So my last post before I recieve the head that quite frankly I don't want. So that's £360 pounds ish with postage I've wasted.

I would love to see other people's review of there sy heads to see if they are happy. Maybe I'm just unlucky.

Still I've learnt something although expensive that I will NEVER buy a pre order item again, and unless sy sort something will never buy one of there products again.

As for lucid I like there business model of cheaper ready made dolls but work needs to be done if your going to go into the pre order market as it sucks as is.
You have no options of what the customer requires.like other sites.
I've never been critical on lucids products but feel I need to speak out this time.
To claim you take every care on a pre order and products will exceed expectations is clearly wrong look at the 2 pictures again there totally different and you didn't notice.
This in my opinion needs to change ASAP.
I appreciate its your first time delving into this side but at the end of the day I've paid 360 ish pounds on something I don't like and is clearly not as described in the first photo.

SY dolls. unhappy with your product as is. Why can't your hair and makeup people follow the artists template to the original. Shocking service I expected better.

As for the above this takes it down to 2 stars.

I will post again when I recieve the head.

These are my personal opinions to the process so far. I apologise if anyone takes offense to my views. I'm just trying to get my point to manufacturers and vendors in my opinion you need to up your business model to what the customer requires.

Until next time and thank-you all for reading
Glorificus
Old 06-08-2023, 03:50 PM
Allie's Hubby & Sales Mod

Eyebrows are somewhat misaligned too, by about 6-8mm by the looks.

She's nice, but the bald spot up top is a bit off-putting.

Liking the skin textures.

- - -
Old 06-08-2023, 06:31 PM
Gold Excellence Member

I'd say the first photo is of a wig prior to the embedding process. I will be watching this thread with interest and may share my findings with my order as things progress.
Old 06-08-2023, 06:55 PM
Silver Member

Yeah, I agree that the first pic definitely looks like a wig prior to the hair implantation and also the eye brows look to be the standard printed/stamped in the first pic but implanted in the second. It looks as though the eye brows were implanted on top of the printed so have copied over the slight misalignment, I would imagine it's straightforward to rectify that by carefully trimming one of the brows and cleaning off a bit of the printed brow underneath. At this price the hair will be synthetic and that always photographs badly under harsh factory lights so it may look at lot better normally. The head itself looks good with plenty of detail. While there are a couple of fixable issues I'd certainly be interested in seeing one of these in the flesh, hopefully your head will actually look better when she arrives, fingers crossed.
Old 06-08-2023, 07:09 PM
Bronze Member

To clarify yes the left picture is prior to makeup and hair implantation. The one I agreed I liked.
The second picture is after makeup and implantation.
To me there totally different
The head is still nice to me just not as good after implantation and makeup.
The look to me is all wrong
Great feedback it's good to have others thoughts. Maybe I'm to harsh to expect something to be like what I pre ordered.
Old 06-08-2023, 07:32 PM
Gold Excellence Member

To be fair if the eyebrows can be sorted out then there's not too much wrong with her. I would say that maybe the first photo has been taken in good light on a half decent camera and the second in poorer light on the makeup person's phone.

At this point I wouldn't get too upset as long as your issues are being listened to and addressed.