UK Love Doll Forums  
Untitled Document

Go Back   UK Love Doll Forums > Introductions Forum (G)
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01-05-2024, 09:34 AM

Default Photography Project

Hello everyone,

My name is Meg, and I'm a documentary photographer (https://www.mkeagles.co.uk/#0). I am currently working on a personal photography project on love dolls.

I'm currently seeking individuals in the UK who might be interested in participating in my project along with their dolls. The project's goal is to explore and document the nuanced emotional connections between doll owners and their dolls, emphasising the depth of these relationships over any sensationalist angles. I've included some photographs from a recent session with member Arthur1960 (feel free to contact him for a reference! (Email Removed from public view) to give you an idea of what I'm aiming for with this project.

I understand that allowing any media access may evoke a range of emotions and considerations, and I want to assure you that my approach is rooted in sensitivity, empathy, and artistic integrity. My goal is to create a safe and respectful environment for collaboration.

Please let me know if you have any questions, and I look forward to hearing from you.

You can contact me on here or via email on megankeagles@gmail.com

Best wishes,
Meg
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Image 2 (2) copy 2.jpg (55.3 KB, 56 views)
File Type: jpg Image 2 (3) copy.jpg (56.9 KB, 38 views)
File Type: jpg Image 2.jpg (55.9 KB, 48 views)
File Type: jpg Image 2 (2).jpg (32.3 KB, 44 views)

Last edited by Karrot; 01-05-2024 at 10:36 AM. Reason: Real Name and Email removed.
Old 01-05-2024, 11:41 AM
Silver Member

Hi guys, Meg is the real deal. She has serious skills with the camera (check out her IG feed) and I think is genuinely interested in dolls and is keen to meet more folk who have them in their lives. I really enjoyed the afternoon we spent together last week and I suspect that Meg really enjoyed meeting some of my gals as she was both respectful of them while demonstrating an interest in how dolls have evolved to what we currently have available. While Meg is very welcome to pay a return visit here any time I know she wants to meet other doll folk to have a broader perspective on our little world so hopefully some of you might consider getting involved. Feel free to PM me should you want more info on my experience of Meg's visit and her impressive work with my gals.
Old 01-05-2024, 03:46 PM
Golden Diamond Member

Do you mind if I ask a couple of things. Had a look on your link and your pics look great. Nice to see film pics as well. What made you pick dolls as a subject and what do you plan to do with the results.

Old 01-05-2024, 04:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adam&Emma View Post
Do you mind if I ask a couple of things. Had a look on your link and your pics look great. Nice to see film pics as well. What made you pick dolls as a subject and what do you plan to do with the results.
Hi Adam&Emma, that's very kind of you to say re my work and glad you like shooting on film!

In regard to your questions, I would say that the idea started as a playful curiosity, but has rapidly became a serious exploration of the emotional and psychological ties between owners and their dolls.*I’ve always been fascinated by dolls (perhaps it stemmed from being banned from playing with them by a feminist mum!), and I was considering tackling the subject as a larger way (potentially looking at reborns etc) but I feel that this is a stronger subject on it’s own. Researching into this, I haven’t really seen photographs of people and their dolls shot in a tender and intimate way, only in a sensationalist way and this is something I wanted to do with this project.

My goal is to exhibit these photographs or have them published on a photography platform like It's Nice That. This project is intended as fine art, definitely not as a any kind of tabloid-style exposé.

Last edited by algaeholics; 02-05-2024 at 08:35 AM.
Old 01-05-2024, 04:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arthur1960 View Post
Hi guys, Meg is the real deal. She has serious skills with the camera (check out her IG feed) and I think is genuinely interested in dolls and is keen to meet more folk who have them in their lives.
Thank you

Last edited by revoL annaerB; 01-05-2024 at 07:45 PM. Reason: Name removed
Old 06-05-2024, 04:41 AM
Gold Member

Megan’s photos are excellent and she has a very original concept to her work. She clearly has a gift for this.
Old 06-05-2024, 08:05 AM
Gold Excellence Member

I‘d very much like to be part of this project, but as I am not in the UK, I’m out 🥲
Sounds interesting and hope you will find some more participants

Jo

Laura - Isabella - Natalia - Maggie - Ylvie - Hanna - Kat - Minis
Old 06-05-2024, 08:34 AM
Gold Excellence Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by poppy70 View Post
I‘d very much like to be part of this project, but as I am not in the UK, I’m out 🥲

Jo
I was thinking the same thing. Pity I’m not over there as I’d love to participate but being on the other side of the world would make it hard.

Beautiful work Megan❤️❤️

https://www.flickr.com/photos/188724080@N03/

Find us on Instagram

https://www.instagram.com/lovedollphotography/
Old 08-05-2024, 01:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tighes1 View Post
I was thinking the same thing. Pity I’m not over there as I’d love to participate but being on the other side of the world would make it hard.

Beautiful work Megan❤️❤️
Thank you! And a shame you are so far away!
Old 08-05-2024, 01:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by poppy70 View Post

Jo

Thank you Jo , also a shame you are outside of the UK> But if I am in Germany I will drop you a line!