UK Love Doll Forums  
Untitled Document

Go Back   UK Love Doll Forums > Introductions Forum (G)

Old 17-07-2022, 08:30 AM

Default First time doll owner

Hi all, I have been looking at Dolls to buy for some time over the last few years after a Teddy babe finally wore out.

I took the plunge the other week and purchased a Kimber doll as i was a doll newbie and really didn't know what i was getting myself into. The whole process was easy enough and i got to pick a date for delivery. The time arrived for delivery and i was really excited about it.
The delivery driver looked at his paperwork for my address and said that he would need some help with it. I knew she weighed nearly 30Kg which i felt confident in lifting but what i hadn't bargained on was the so called 'dead weight' of her. As such i nearly did myself an injury carting the box up two flights of stairs with the delivery man. My muscles are still killing me now. She is so heavy that you can't just slide your arms underneath it when it's lying flat on the bed. Every slight movement of her requires a lot of strength so if you are a future doll owner who is impressed with the looks of a doll try and get an idea of 'dead weight' before taking the plunge because you might not be able to get her up the drive!

I bought some clothes for the doll which i will dress her in and post up some pictures. The Kimber doll is very beautiful and looks great in just the basic lingerie that comes with her. The only problem for me is the weight! I'm just learning how to move and pose the doll in the easiest way using leverage rather than dead lifting all the time. It hasn't put me off doll ownership although any future dolls are going to have to be much lighter.
Old 17-07-2022, 08:54 AM
Legendary Member

Hi Flanders and to the Forum from PD and the girls

Yes, weight is a major factor and the prime cause for people selling their dolls soon after acquiring them.

You learn the techniques for moving them that work best for you and there is a lot of advice on here.

My lightest girl, Miranda Louise, is 35Kg and my heaviest, Morgana (XY170) is around 48Kg! Most of mine are over 40Kg and I have learnt the ways of moving them that work best for me.

In time, you will find that it gets easier
Old 17-07-2022, 08:57 AM
Part of the Furniture

Welcome to the forum!

OK, quick wins to get you going

Sating Pyjamas! (Long sleeve, Long Legs) they will help her tot slide about in bed a little better, you'll be able yo get an arm under her more easily, and trust me, boobs feel awesome under Satin!

If you dont like Satin (I find it to hot and sticky in summer) then any PJ's will do, but she wont slip over the bed sheets as easily.

White or a very light pink for preference in colour to avoid any risk of staining.

You'll get used tot he weight, it takes time. It's not like carrying a sack of spuds or being able to press xyz down the Gym. this is a human sized and shaped lump that wobbles about and doenst help you at all! Take is slow, and you'll be fine

K

Click the pics for their threads...
We also Tweet
Old 17-07-2022, 09:02 AM
Diamond Member

Im betting 99%of people say a similar thing. Ive always been fairly fit but when my emma arrived and i had to carry her up a flight of stairs i did wonder what the hell id got myself into. 2 years later and with 4 girls to look after I still make the old man noises when i pick them up although it does get a little easier as time goes. You learn ways to carry them and your strength will improve.
Best of luck and welcome to the forum.
Have a good long gaze in her eyes and she will tell you her name, you'll soon forgive her for the weight

Old 17-07-2022, 09:06 AM
Banned

Give her a chance. Your body learns how to lift these girls.

In the box there is nothing to get you hands around plus you have everything else thats in the box. packaging can also add around 7kg to her weight. By the time that you have that upstairs her actual weight will be forgotten and you will only be thinking of the struggle to get her there.

You're back is probably still recoving!

Out of the box, once you have fully recovered lift with the knee's, not the back.

The girl who seems twinned with a hippo at the moment will seem half her weight in two weeks when you have carried her around a little.

I'm in my sixties, I work in financial IT and the closest I get to a gym is seeing one on TV so not exactly a tonned adonis (much as I'm sure those who attend the iDome will try to disagree with me on that ) but I've got a lot of these girls ranging between 26 and 38kg and happily wander around the house, including going up and downstairs with them.

It does get easier once you learn how to lift them (and every one is a little different).

Just don't overdo it. Give you're back a chance to rest until repeatedly moving her builds up more strength where it needs to be (takes about two weeks to see a real difference and you won't even notice that you are excercising).

Many congrats on your new girl and welcome to the forum,

Shamus.

Last edited by shamus; 17-07-2022 at 10:00 AM.
Old 17-07-2022, 09:07 AM
Gold Excellence Member

Welcome to the forum and doll life.

Moving them gets easier. I find sitting her on an office chair helps to get her around the house. The chair arms get in the way so its best to remove them.

Enjoy the honeymoon.
Volks Dollfies ~ DD To Heart 2 Lucy Maria Misora, DDS Custom DDH-04 & DDH-10, DD Samurai Jupiter Sirius, DD Mizunatsu Sayaka Shirakawa, DDS Marisa Kirisame, DDS FGO Caster Scáthach-Skadi, DDS KonoSuba Megumin, DDS Reimu Hakurei
Thirdy goodies are available in our Etsy Shop
Old 17-07-2022, 09:09 AM
Banned

Tut, no answers when I started writing. Press enter and find you're all in there faster than a ferret down a rabbit hole, lol.

reading through them though, we've definitely got a concensus reply though... It gets easier.

Morning all
Old 17-07-2022, 09:19 AM
Part of the Furniture

Quote:
Originally Posted by shamus View Post

I'm in my sixties, I work in financial IT and the closest I get to a gym is seeing one on TV so not exactly a tonned adonis (much as I'm sure those who attend the iDome will try to disagree with me on that )

Shamus.
You have the body of a God, Shamus.

Buddah is god, right??

K

Click the pics for their threads...
We also Tweet
Old 17-07-2022, 09:24 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by karrot View Post
you have the body of a god, shamus.

Buddah is god, right??

K
Old 17-07-2022, 09:27 AM
Active New Member

Hi Flanders, welcome. I'm new around here and a new owner too. I know what you mean about the weight, I was expecting the weight but I think what surprised me was the " stiffness " of moving her about. Luckily I will echo what the rest of the forum has been saying in that it does get easier very quickly. Watch a few videos and spend an hour with her just posing her and moving her about and you'll learn pretty quickly.
Office chairs are an excellent shout, also a small coffee table covered in a soft sheet I also find very useful for just quickly laying back, repositioning, then back up. Careful of sharp edges, like I say cover the table.
I've found loads of useful stuff on here since becoming a owner, have a dig about on here and you'll be put right on a lot of things.
Enjoy,