My 4 as another 4.

Buggers, you had to push it, right. Now that I got the sketch, but what in all the earth does "Ee by gum" mean??? THAT one must be Martian?:D

Minato, were you really talking to Germans in English? Incredible, must have found the few who do :D No seriously, there are very many esp. older folks, and due to history also mainly from my parts, who don't speak English at all. Here in the east for many years Russian was the promoted language, and during that time also more useful fo' sure :D
BTW I also read 'ancient' English before (like in the Bibles of the olden times), with lots of "thy" and such. Also like another language, and same in old German, too.

Huh, languages again? Happens pretty often recently. Sorry formore than half OT. :o

CU cuddly

Oddly enough Cuddly I think Yorkshire(and only parts of it) is the only place in the UK where they use the thee words as in "I wouldn't give thee the time"
"You're" is replaced by "Thou" but pronounced "Tha" as in
"I don't know what tha on abaht (about)"

Don't Worry Cuddly & Minato

I'm born and bred in the UK and even I don't understand the Yorkshire accent!

I'm just a softee southerner! :24

Does anyone remember the Spam sketch? It was the sketch that got me into spam fritters, lovely stuff, can't seem to get them anymore around here though, I also liked it when you got fish and chips wrapped in newspaper and could buy a bag of crispy bits!

Those were the day's my friends!

Loverboy

There you go LB.
Thats another thing the crispy batter bits you used to get from chipshops have different names in different areas. We called them scraps but Ive heard them called scromps and other names.

picture.php

Even more so - and no further comments needed, I guess.

CU cuddly and Lian

Buggers, you had to push it, right. Now that I got the sketch, but what in all the earth does "Ee by gum" mean??? THAT one must be Martian?:D

Minato, were you really talking to Germans in English? Incredible, must have found the few who do :D No seriously, there are very many esp. older folks, and due to history also mainly from my parts, who don't speak English at all. Here in the east for many years Russian was the promoted language, and during that time also more useful fo' sure :D
BTW I also read 'ancient' English before (like in the Bibles of the olden times), with lots of "thy" and such. Also like another language, and same in old German, too.

Huh, languages again? Happens pretty often recently. Sorry formore than half OT. :o

CU cuddly

Yes, we have brand new production line.

Krones machines are German:

http://www.krones.com/en/ (English), http://www.krones.com/de/ (German)

So i had to speak to Germans in English...

But we use Maselli analyzers:

http://www.maselli.com/en/

So i had to speak to Italians... En English... :o

Brilliant stuff! Made me laff, by 'eck! So ... Ministry of Silly Walks next? Spanish Inquisition? Or that parrot ...?!

I didn't know that one yet, Monty isn't overly popular in Germany as well, though a few of my friends are rather fond of that stuff. I guess I'll review it again, thanks, phil, you're educating me here! Do we still have to mention that it's well done?

I watched the "Holy Grail" though, and believe it or not, some jokes are even better in Germany translation. They're rather flat in original - even for British standards :wall:D:21:21

OK, my coat this time? CU cuddly

The Pythons actually re-recorded some of their material in German in 1971 for two two special compilation programmes made for the Westdeutscher Rundfunk network - Monty Python's Fliegender Zirkus. These can now be viewed on Youtube -

Hopefully, this might make it all a bit more comprehensible for Cuddly and and other native German speakers.

Hopefully, this might make it all a bit more comprehensible for Cuddly and and other native German speakers.

Thanks, Jensguy! I came home quite late last night and still have to watch it, but iirc it was mostly the Grail that met my sense of humor, the other stuff I tried was too silly for my taste. But I don't know these yet, so I'll see.

Minato, after English, German and Italian next target language is Japanese, right? You already have a teacher at home...

CU cuddly and Lian

Minato, after English, German and Italian next target language is Japanese, right? You already have a teacher at home...

CU cuddly and Lian

Not necessary... Teddy babes are good for learning langages... At home, we speak French. :D

Back