Ponytail and Up-Do How To

Um.. Yea.. Something like that. I ummmd and ahhhd for a while, hovered the scissors in various places then cut where i thought it looked ok. It turned out ok tho. Fits better and still looks the same so im safe.
As for the pony tail thing.. I tried.. I failed.. I walked away swearing. I'll try again another day lol
I now have 250 hair grips when i only wanted about 5 :whistle:

You can NEVER have too many hair grips, bobbles, Bobby Pins, mini clips, slides, or hair bands!

what bit of the ponytail tripped you up ??

K

What's the difference between fringe and bangs? I always just thought the latter was yankee-doodle for the former.

Its an odd one. Definitions vary from them being the same thing to them being different. and a style that has no fringe (no discernable shorter hair at the front) can still be referred to as having Bangs, such as Curtain Bangs....

Personally I refer to the Fringe as the hair over the forehead (usually shorter than the rest of the hair) and the Bangs being the longer hair at the side over the temples.

K

You can NEVER have too many hair grips, bobbles, Bobby Pins, mini clips, slides, or hair bands!

what bit of the ponytail tripped you up ??

K

Just a severe lack of patience. After altering the wig i was close to losing it.. I'll have another go when im chilled

I gave this a go last night too... and failed. I LOVE the look of Maddie's ponytail though so i'll have another go soon.

The bit i don't understand and i'm definitely being thick here... why does the wig need to be modified/ altered at all? Why can't you just grab the hair, hold it up, get the tail in the right place and band it?

I gave this a go last night too... and failed. I LOVE the look of Maddie's ponytail though so i'll have another go soon.

The bit i don't understand and i'm definitely being thick here... why does the wig need to be modified/ altered at all? Why can't you just grab the hair, hold it up, get the tail in the right place and band it?

Im not sure it NEEDS to be modified. Its just to make it fit better if it needs to. Most wigs for humans are too big for dolls. Probably why Emma's hair nearly ended up inside an alsation dog last week

Usually because as you try to brush it back whilst holding the hair you'll be pulling the fringe backwards :D

You dont have to mod the wig if its already a good fit and grips her head well. most dont however.

If you dont want to mod the wig and need a tighter grip, make an elastic loop and pin the wig to that.

K

My early homework attempts with Emma and Tiff...:

01.png

02.png

03.png

Grade...?​

I'm liking the looks :)

Tiff would certainly look sweet with low pigtails in :)

I may try this a little later

K

Back