help changing formats

philinotstine

Golden Diamond Member
Hi guys. Just spent ages doing my usual photo montage stories and didnt realise til finished probably due to the google picture source for the backgrounds my pics are in webp files so cannot be uploaded. :mad::wall. Is there any way on my PC (windows 10) I could change the files to jpg ?

I use Adobe Photoshop Express which is a free download.

I've found that if I have a .png image file, open it with Express and then save it, it saves it as a jpg by default.

Don't know if that helps at all...

strange i edited a .webp in gimp and selected export as , in the by type i selected jpg and it worked

I use Adobe Photoshop Express which is a free download.

I've found that if I have a .png image file, open it with Express and then save it, it saves it as a jpg by default.

Don't know if that helps at all...

Downloaded it tried it and it said wrong file type which was the whole point of theexersize! :wall:wall:wall

OK I'm a bit late to this. I have Libre Ofice Suite (a free download instead of Windows Office) copy/paste/open the file here then under save, select export as, input title name, under format select jpeg (joint picture expert group), then save. Now open in say Windows Photo Editor, select crop and remove the A4 white page it was saved with. Now click on save a copy!

Simples!

Regards

SJL

Gimp for Beginners:

When you want to record a picture with the GIMP if you try File/Save As The Gimp ll record it such as a gimp file (*.xcf)

When you don't want a Gimp File

If you want a jpg picture, you have to chose

- File/Explort As
- Define destination folder
- and add .jpg at the end of your file name.

About bmp file, you add .jpg at the end of your file name.
About gif file, you add .gif at the end of your file name.
About png, you add .gif at the end of your file name

Hinata

Back