Email Notifications?

Agent0013

Bronze Member
Since joining the forum I haven't received a single email notification from a new post in a thread I'm subscribed to or from PMs, even though my settings should support it. I've double checked that my email is correct, and an admin has emailed me directly so I know it's right! The same goes for my doll account.

I've searched the forums and all I see is a couple threads mentioning the issue in years past, but no solutions. I do know about the screen that shows my subbed threads and have been using that to keep up so far.

Thanks for your help!

A few members including myself have had this same issue with email notifications. I don't know if it's the forum or Gmail.
A number of us switched to another none Gmail email address which works fine. I switched my notifications to come through to my Outlook account a year or so back and never had any issues since.

Cheers

Tommo

Gmail appears to be the issue! I changed my email to an old hotmail address that already forwards to my gmail. It went straight to spam, but that's something I know how to fix. I switched Arachne's email as well, so hopefully the notification from this message will make it through unhindered.

It turns out this isn't actually fixed. It is fixed in terms of the forum; hotmail is getting the emails from here, but they still don't appear in my gmail. I know that they're still connected because a bill came through this morning. I'll try and set up a filter in gmail later to let them through, now that I know the address they are originating from, but they don't even show up in gmail's spam.

This is one thing I hate about gmail. Yes, I get no spam, but it doesn't let me decide what is and isn't spam sometimes. :mad:

I've just changed the email settings of this forum. They are no longer send directly from this server but instead via a mail provider. That should fix the problem.

Thank you!

Interestingly, gmail still isn't interested in getting notifications from this site via my hotmail. I switched my account here back to my gmail and the new site settings are getting through directly to gmail now.

I don't know what's going on. After you mentioned the site changes and I changed my email back to gmail things worked for about 24 hours, and now I'm back to getting no notifications again :confused:

WTF?
Fixed, works again.

Your problem with forwarded mails from Hormail to Goole is because Google does it right and respect SPF (Sender Policy Framework). A mechanism to fight spam.

WTF?
Fixed, works again.

Your problem with forwarded mails from Hormail to Goole is because Google does it right and respect SPF (Sender Policy Framework). A mechanism to fight spam.

No fuckin' idea what that means, but thanks for sorting it. :tu

Psion

Thanks Psion. And don't worry, I know a lot of IT experts that have no idea what it is. :)

And thanks to Agent0013 for reporting the problem. It affected everyone.

WTF?
Fixed, works again.

Thank you! I got a notification for this very thread already.

The last fix didn't last long for me either.

If the last fix is still in place and it's just a me issue, don't worry too much about it. I have the site open on three devices and through these problems have gotten in the habit already of checking it regularly. I like that the User CP button takes you right to your new thread notifications.

Back